Thread: Country Workshops is closing

Blog Entries

Country Workshops is closing

A sad moment for woodworkers. Take a look at a picture from Drew’s first Windsor Chair class, lots of familiar faces. I doubt a place similar to Country Workshops can or will happen again. Drew’s buildings were unique, anyone who has ever been there will testify to that. The whole place has the atmosphere of a time long passed, in a time when crafts and woodworking were done using hand tools using materials found in the area.

http://hosted-p0.vresp.com/371168/edffef2777/ARCHIVE#like

Been there. Showed up on a motorcycle, much to Drew's surprise. Cool place and hard to find without a GPS.
    Life's too short to use old sandpaper.

Blog Entries
    I hear you Glenn. I spent about an hour trying to find it, after taking the correct exit......I suspect few people realize how much Drew has contributed to the return to hand tools that we all love. Drew is always the last person to sing his own praises, or comment on what he has contributed. Hint, Drew’s gruff exterior disguises a deep commitment to his craft.

Semi-Retiring/Retiring, but they are passing the torch to Maine Coast Craft School.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

I'm personal friends with Drew. As a matter of fact, I only live a mile away from him. He says he might still take one or two students every now and then, but yes he's closing down. Him and his wife are great people. You know, he was actually brave enough to let me sharpen his gents saw.
    I was once a woodworker, I still am I'm just saying that I once was.

Chop your own wood, it will warm you twice. -Henry Ford

Bravo and well done, Drew. I have gained from your writing and web resource.