Thread: Performax 16-32 trouble

Performax 16-32 trouble

Anyone know how to reset the drum motor? Mine quit under load. I’ve tripped the breaker before but haven’t had the drum motor stop. No manual so hopefully there is a reset? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Spray View Post
    Anyone know how to reset the drum motor? Mine quit under load. I’ve tripped the breaker before but haven’t had the drum motor stop. No manual so hopefully there is a reset? Thanks.
    The manual says there is a button but doesn't show the location. It just says to push it!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...BBK6Ym4fVlktg1

Of course an older or newer model may be different.

If you can't find a reset I can look for one on mine the next time I go to the shop. (Mine's a 22-44 but maybe the electrical is similar) A thermal reset should be on the motor somewhere.

One person did report the connector on his switch overloaded and burned so you might open things and look around (with it unplugged!).

JKJ

My Jet 16/22 doesn't have a reset button on the moter or anywhere else that I can find, I just checked.

Mine is on the box that the wires run into on the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Spray View Post
    To the best of my knowledge there is only on reset button on my 16-32
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I’ve tripped my motor reset before more than once. It is the button on the motor junction box cover.

It it is visible on Figure 28, on Page 18 of the manual that John included the link to. Here is a picture, showing it on my unit.

You should hear hear a little click when it resets.

Clint
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Clint Baxter; 12-03-2017 at 7:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Baxter View Post
    I’ve tripped my motor reset before more than once. It is the button on the motor junction box cover.
    It it is visible on Figure 28, on Page 18 of the manual that John included the link to. Here is a picture, showing it on my unit.
    You should hear hear a little click when it resets.
    Clint
    I just checked my 22-44 - it does have a wiring connection box like that one on the side but no sign of a reset button. My motor looks different too. It's 1-3/4hp.

Some thermal overload protection switches are self resetting. If the power is good on that circuit (test on another circuit - one person with problems said he found his receptacle was wired incorrectly) I would next disassemble everything to inspect then if good trace the power through the connections (carefully).

JKJ

if you're tripping the main breaker, you may be on a circuit that is not rated high enough. That could cause a voltage sag, that also makes your motor run a bit "hot". If there isn't a reset button, you could try puling the plug and that could reset the internal breaker. Mine has a button as others have mentioned.