Thread: Looking for a source of small metal brackets

Looking for a source of small metal brackets

I am trying to find metal brackets for a project that are as close as possible to the ones in the picture below. I am only looking for the metal bracket in the middle that wraps around the wire. Does anyone know of a supplier that sells a large assortment of different sized metal pieces like this? I have had no luck in my searches.

thank you,
    DW

coat hook.JPG

Maybe something in this group could work - https://www.google.com/search?q=sadd...w=1240&bih=740
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Looks like something unistut might make. Try a search for "stake pocket" to see bigger versions used on trucks to hold bed side stakes.
    Bill

Google "Wire coat hooks".

Thanks. I am going to make the wire part myself. I just need a basket like the one in the pic to fasten it...

try Mcmaster Carr

Blog Entries
    You can buy the exact thing at Amazon. Antique wire coat hooks
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    You can buy the exact thing at Amazon. Antique wire coat hooks
    There you go! Good find Lee - unless the OP is determined to bend his own wire.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

thanks. I am actually trying to bend my own wire. I just don't want to have to bend and drill the brackets. I still have not come across somewhere that supplies a metal u-bracket that is small enough and thin enough gauge...

OK - last suggestion. As we don't know what gauge wire you are bending we are offering solutions out of context. Anyway there are these wire management clips.
    They come in different sizes but only with the one or two hole option. You could double them up maybe.

Of course another option - this being a woodworking forum - make them out of wood. Easy enough to dado out a length of 1 x 2 to provide the slot and then just cut off pieces at the length needed for your project.
    imagerequest.jpg
    WQJudge

the wire is 9 gauge. I am just using the coil of utility wire you would find at a hardware store. So, the inner gap would need to be around 5/16" wide and 5/32" tall.

If the wire management clips come small enough, they would probably work. thanks for the suggestion.

DW