Thread: Teco fm50 VFD remote start stop wiring

Teco fm50 VFD remote start stop wiring

I want to use the factory on off switch to be a low voltage control for the VFD. I figured out how to it with a permanent on off switch but I want to use a monetary contact switch, how do I wire this and what parameters do I need to set.

This should work. A friend followed these directions and they worked great.
    --Geoff

3wireVFD_ex_Richard_Andrews.JPG

Cody, factorymation has great customer support if you need any other help.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Crimmins View Post
    This should work. A friend followed these directions and they worked great.
    --Geoff

3wireVFD_ex_Richard_Andrews.JPG
    I'll try this tomorrow and get back with you.

Thank you!

The above wiring diagram will indeed work, but you will lose the dynamic braking of the VFD. For me, I was wiring a table saw so the braking wasn't critical.

Sorry if you've already looked at this but the downloadable manual has a diagram on how to wire momentary switches. I didn't look at that carefully so don't know if you'd loose dynamic braking as zayd mentions. I'll be working with a new one this coming weekend and have zero experience with VFDs so lots of studying in store.

I have an FM50 wired with both permanent and wireless switches for a dust collector. In fact, the wireless remotes have multiple channels with different programs. The primary channel is programmed with slow startup and slowdown, and that is unaffected by the switching. I don't see why the on/off switching would compromise any of the capability, but would need to read the manual to fully understand the limitations. Adding remote switching to an FM50 is trivial.
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius

I wired the 12v to 2 and 3, set parameters as described. It only works if I hold down the button and maintain contact.

Not the same thing, but I have used three of these e-stops and they work great. Twist to turn on, push to stop. Have one setup on my TS with a paddle so I can stop the saw with my knee.

Cheap and effective.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008L...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ok it's working. I wasn't sure how the switch was wired so i tried to do a temporary wire job which didn't work. I wired in the switch and it now works correctly. Factory momentary switched turn it on and off. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by cody michael View Post
    Ok it's working. I wasn't sure how the switch was wired so i tried to do a temporary wire job which didn't work. I wired in the switch and it now works correctly. Factory momentary switched turn it on and off. Thank you!
    I'm glad to hear it worked. Enjoy your machine!