Thread: Ezcad2 Auto Increment for Fiber Laser?

Ezcad2 Auto Increment for Fiber Laser?

Is there any capability in ezcad2 to auto increment/mail merge a large file? I have a few hundred steel plates & this would be so much easier than editing every single plate.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

You can auto-increment pretty easily and can even do multiple plates/parts at one time. I have a customer that I do about 500 stainless plates at a time with text above a number. They fit in 2 across and 3 down so the top left starts as 0001, top right 0002, middle left 0003, middle right 0004, bottom left 0005, bottom right 0006. Every time it runs the numbers all auto-increment to the next sequence - they all increment by 6 to accommodate the fact that I have 6 plates in a batch. I'm not at the machine right now so I can't tell you exactly how it's done, but I think it's all within the text editing area. You should have a starting number, increment, and ending number.

Blog Entries
    I asked earlier about importing excel file, it works fine if you can use that. Simple, have columns with header name, and then save as 97-03 version. Make sure excel is CLOSED when you try to run eZCad or it won't import the file.
    Page 41 of my manual. You use variable text box. Click on text button, add text to screen, click on variable text box, then add, then select file box. You then select your file and then the first column.
    Repeat adding text for additional columns, placing where you want like normal. Be careful selecting auto reset which will loop once column is finished. I've had it corrupt additional columns.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others