Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: experiences with Nordfab dust collection piping

The gauge is called a magnahelic. It’s just a pressure gauge I have on the return to give me an indication of how much total airflow I have.

The threaded rod is 3/8, and the greenish square thing is just a really thick washer. They sell that channel, along with a bunch of different hardware bits that go with the channel (including the green square washer) so you can build racks and mount things. They have it at our local Home Depot but not sure if they are in every one. If I remember, it was sort of near the electrical supplies.

Does that help?
    Thanks
    Scott

FFDE36CA-5063-4E5F-A12E-76E9E256DF1A.jpg
    Last edited by Scott DelPorte; 12-11-2017 at 6:27 PM. Reason: Added a picture

When I worked as a sheet metal worker we used a lot of the channel pictured here for mounting duct to the walls. The brands we used were called "Unistrut" and "Superstrut" The 3/8" strut nuts came with or without the spring. Either one works. Pipe fitters also use this type of mounting hardware.
    No PHD, but I have a DD 214

You might be surprised at the cost of the springnuts. On the large/deeper unistrut i used regular hardware between large flat washers and was able to get a wrench behind it.

Of course this is a nordfab thread.......

I bought an auction lot and worked with a local dealer to fill in some parts and get a system design. It is quite rigid when clamped, so I used cable hangers every 10 ft or so. Wall connection could be as basic or as complex as you like. In my commercial space, I just used a wooden furring strip against the wall with steel plumbing strap screwed to it.
    JR