Thread: Strange, little box

Strange, little box

But, it IS from Cleveland, OH....
    IMG_2574 (640x480).jpg
    Lid IS white, camera gave it a reddish shade.....open the lid..
    IMG_2575 (640x480).jpg
    Verry Interesting.....sockets are a hex drive, BTW...

was found stashed away, on top of my fridge....called a Ratchet Socketool....not sure IF it is complete...

Wow! A real blast from the past for me. My dad used to have one of those in the trunk of his old Chevy. He had all kinds of "just in case" items in the trunk. Oil, jumper cables, flares, traction sand... and that tool kit. Ours had a red cover with some logo on it. I don't recall where he got it, or the logo, it's been 20+ years since I last saw it. I think it was a give-away from his work... or maybe a gas station.

Cool bit of nostalgia for me.
    “Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity”

Steven,

+1 on what Mike said. My dad also had one of those sets, virtually identical to that, and like the one Mike described, the one dad had had a red cover. The tools in the box, the arrangement, etc. almost identical, or perhaps exactly identical, if I remember correctly. Like Mike, I have no idea where the set dad had ended up. I believe dad got his in the early '60s, and Mike mentioned, I think the set dad had was a give-away.

Steven, for what it's worth, if the sockets are all there, I believe you have a complete set. The one dad had had the same ratchet handle, the same 4 extensions, and the sockets. It had nothing else as I recall. The only thing that MIGHT have been different, and it has been so long I am not certain, but I THINK that the set dad had had the 4 extensions all together in the small recess at the bottom, with the right angle extension curling around the other 3 extensions. For that to be the case, however, the recess would have had to be slightly larger than yours, but only slightly. It is also possible that mom had the set in a drawer in the house somewhere, I don't remember for certain where it was located, but I vividly remember the set. However, again, we are talking about something over 50 years ago here.

Stew
    Last edited by Stew Denton; 12-04-2017 at 9:15 PM.