Thread: This is obscene

Blog Entries

Smile This is obscene

I am just back from a Hurricane Harvey absence. I mentioned this in an earlier post.
    I am on the computer and went to the Lee Valley site. I have several tools from them.

The new online catalog is obscene. There are too many toys in it that I have to have.

Oh well!

Blog Entries
    The trick is to read it in bed as you are falling asleep. That way it all seems like a dream until the next night.

jtk

- sweet dreams
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Glad to hear from you Lowell, I wondered if Harvey caused issues even if the water did not rise enough to get to your place. Dreams are what keep us going and the Lee Valley dreams are as good or better than many, many others. Go for it.
    David

It appears to be a well-accepted piece of medical research that frequent access to certain types of explicit, adult-oriented material produces permanent, detrimental effects on brain chemistry and adversely impacts related behaviors. I have to wonder what insidious physiological and psychological changes have been wrought by 35-40 years of full color glossy catalogs and flyers from Garrett Wade, Woodcraft, Bridge City Tools, Lee Valley, and the other purveyors of tool smut?
    Last edited by Todd Stock; 12-05-2017 at 1:13 PM.

Todd - Should be worth a government grant for research in my opinion.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Stock View Post
    It appears to be a well-accepted piece of medical research that frequent access to certain types of explicit, adult-oriented material produces permanent, detrimental effects on brain chemistry and adversely impacts related behaviors. I have to wonder what insidious physiological and psychological changes have been wrought by 35-40 years of full color glossy catalogs and flyers from Garrett Wade, Woodcraft, Bridge City Tools, Lee Valley, and the other purveyors of tool smut?
    I find that real, imperfect tools no longer get me excited.

Blog Entries
    Actually, we had 33" of water in our house. My oldest son is a contractor in the area. Guess whose house was the first to be renovated?

I like obscene, as long as it's done tastefully.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.