Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Weber Spirit 2 grill. What you think.

I had a big giant heavy grill with a side burner I never used.
    The thing was so enormous I hated to drag it out of the enclosed patio to fire it up.

I did a happy dance when something went wrong with it and one of the knobs caught fire and burned up into a pool of melted plastic goo.

I replaced it with this guy:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Char-Broil-...Grill/50286217

Small light enough to drag in and out - w/out getting a hernia - and just right for the two of us & the two dogs.

I've used it to make dogs and burgers for 6 of us w/no problems. I just premade the burgers and stuck them in the warming oven while I burned the dogs & brauts.
    My granddad always said, :As one door closes, another opens".
    Wonderful man, terrible cabinet maker...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    . The porcelain coated ones still rusted and I've had to replace them twice. (if I do that again, it's going to be an aftermarket product made of anodized aluminum)
    I bought aftermarket SS grates. They work great. Haven't seen aluminum ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    I bought aftermarket SS grates. They work great. Haven't seen aluminum ones.
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01DFQ8S...PHW1W9Z9&psc=0

--

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I won't buy a Weber gas grill since they shipped Spirit and Genesis II production to China. Not only did Weber shift Genesis production to a lower cost country, but they had the gall to raise the prices and cheapened the design on most models.

Weber was high on my list for my next grill until they pulled this stunt.

Was not prepared to spend $$$ this month for a grill but Home Depot had $100 off and received a $100 gift card from work.
    I came home with the Weber Spirit E210. Reg $399, -$100 off - $100 gift card $199 out of pocket.

weber.png
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    That Char Broil, is it the one with a steel shell? Similar idea to the ceramic grills but probably not as long term a solution. Not that the ceramic can’t break, but cracks due to use are warranted for life and with care accidents are rare. Mine withstood a hail storm that did about $35k in damage to the house.
    I went to HD today to pick up the Weber gas grill and found they had this one sale. Reg $699 on sale for $225 With Christmas I am way over budget this month already. A deal for anyone looking.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Vision-G...C1D1/202926563
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

I 2nd the vote for the replacement Grill Grates shown in the picture above regardless of what type of grill you have, they are excellent, leave great sear marks, prevent flare ups, and even the heat out across the grill surface. No, I don't work for them.

I also 2nd the Big Green Egg, I use a Loft Lighter and light the grill and by the time I'm gone in the house and prepped the meat the grill is up to temp. I smoke with it as well which is what I went the Big Green Egg route.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Roxberg View Post
    I 2nd the vote for the replacement Grill Grates shown in the picture above regardless of what type of grill you have, they are excellent, leave great sear marks, prevent flare ups, and even the heat out across the grill surface. No, I don't work for them..
    Thanks for that confirmation, Steve. If I find that I can continue to use my E310, I'm going to buy them and be done with the constant issues I've had with the OEM grates since the beginning and in subsequent OEM replacements.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...