Problem one

I picked up this number 3 about 2 years ago and today I finally had the chase to put this one to wood, still needs a little more cleaning up but the strangest(most annoying) thing, the blade doesn't get pass the sole of the plane. By the time it gets close the depth adjuster either binds up from it pinching down on the lever cap or the depth adjustment screw runs out of threads. After much frustration I had the idea of taking the blade and cap iron out of my other #3 and dropping it into this body, it worked! After closer inspection I noticed the slot for the depth adjuster is lower on the cap that came with the blade, is this not the original cap? Aside for filling and putting in a new slot any way to fix this or should I begin my search on ebay?

Problem blade on the left

Problem B

I moved about a year ago and during the move the cap iron(these cap irons will be the death of me) came loose from the plane and bent the tip where it mates with the blade; now the plane keeps having shavings getting wedged between the cap iron and the blade making it unusable. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks!

FYI cap iron is chip breaker for me