Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: (new) Rough Cut

I still would prefer the New Yankee Workshop to any of the current crop of tool/woodworking shows out there.

Doc
    As Cort would say: Fools are the only folk on the earth who can absolutely count on getting what they deserve.

Blog Entries
    I agree, me too.

Anyone know when the show will actually start airing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Krueger View Post
    Got this from Tom McL a couple days ago to share wgbh.cimediacloud.com/r/mOKDww Seems to me the show will go in a direction that all levels may find relevant, regardless of the specific projects involved.
    Thanks for sharing that. It looks like it could be a very good show based on that trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Morey St. Denis View Post
    Who can doubt the brilliance of foresight and ideal timing to get Tommy's new shop fully outfitted with top-notch woodworking equipment all for free! My bet is that they already sensed that change was in the wind and planned the private workshop build while his "stock" and recognition factor was still sailing "high". It was clearly not in any way intended to readily facilitate a production and filming crew, the new quarters are ideally suited for an individual craftsman and perhaps a single guest visitor. The venue of their former production was leased space. You can be certain that any "Rough Cut" episodes going forward will not be recorded within that workshop T. MacD. helped to build. Expect that property is fully owned by he and the spouse.
    If it went down like you're describing, I wonder how the manufacturers of the "free" equipment feel about it. They might not exactly call it brilliance of foresight.

Thanks Mike, looks interesting.

Is that the shop that Tommy built?

Regards, Rod.

Anyone know if Charles Neil got off the ground? He was filming a pilot.

I personally am looking forward to it. I enjoyed the prior episodes that had Tom McLaughlin on it.

Woodsmith shop is so so and American Woodworker with Scott Phillips just doesn't do it for me.

I do miss Norm.

I heard the new episodes with Tom McLaughlin are planned to start showing in April and are being filmed in his shop in NH

+1 on David Marks Woodworks. His show was my favorite. BUT....Norm got me hooked in woodworking many years ago.

Jim

I liked Tommy Mac and his show, it just aired so erratic it was hard to catch it. Personally don't need a lot of detail, and his show was fine with me. Don't care much for the woodsmith show. Too much plywood, I use hardwood.

Linked video looked good, looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Engel View Post
    Anyone know if Charles Neil got off the ground? He was filming a pilot.
    I don't know how other woodworkers could stay awake watching Neil's videos. I admire their ability!

I almost fell asleep half way every time when I watched any one of his long-winded clips. Needless to say, I had not viewed too many of his (and none from start to finish).

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Santos View Post
    If it went down like you're describing, I wonder how the manufacturers of the "free" equipment feel about it. They might not exactly call it brilliance of foresight.
    I'm positive an international corporation knows how to protect its interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Santos View Post
    I wonder if the equipment was provided for free. While I understand that is usually the case, the manufacturer is usually a sponsor of the show and has a "sponsored by" spot. That was the case when Tommy was using all Powermatic equipment. I don't recall seeing that for Minimax. Also noticed that the Minimax logo on the machines was pixillated in an episode I watched recently (the one making doors for his lumber storage).