Quote Originally Posted by Sam Murdoch View Post
Hi Justin - yes the very same lights. Arrived yesterday afternoon (I ordered them Thursday ) and I was ready to hang them right away. I was pretty psyched about it. Anyway - was debating using the chains and s-hooks or screwing them directly to the ceiling as some suggested in the reviews I had read. I really did not want hanging lights. I finally realized that in the molded top were 4 key hole slots suitable for pan head screws. I made up a 1/4" ply x 4 wide X 50" long hole template - with a full length centerline - and, of course, carefully laid out my screw hole locations.

As I wanted the lights to line up - I used my laser to establish the straight line on the ceiling off the walls - could have used measurements and pencil marks on painters tape but the laser reached the entire 40 feet (working in the unlit shop). Holding up my screw hole template with a 3Rd Hand telescoping pole with the laser line overlaying my template centerline, made quick work of locating my screw holes in the ceiling. The light fixtures are very light so I wasn't concerned with needing to hit strapping. The screw insert in the sheetrock ceiling with some 1-1/4" # 6 pan heads have plenty of holding capacity.

This worked very well. The exact screw locations was key. Lights went up fast and right close to the ceiling for a nice neat look. Only could manage 3 before the darkness overtook my ability to use the laser in the unlit shop, so 3 more today. It was immensely satisfying though to switch on and see the 3 new fixtures - BY FAR - lighting up the shop better than ever, even though only 3, compared to the 8 double bulb fluorescent fixtures I replaced.

A big WOW from me. As has been said - "why didn't I do this sooner?"

Sam
Sam,

I am glad you liked them. I really think they are a great buy and best bang for the buck. I don't have sheet-rock, just the floor joists for the 1st floor of the house. I did use the chain since hanging them on the 4 key-holes would have been a royal pain. I did shorten the chain so they don't hang so low.

It is almost like instant sun in my workshop.

Justin