Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Workbench Selection/Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by John Adank View Post
    Thanks for the info Mike. Are you located in the US? Looks like you got a really good deal. That same bench would be about $2500 with shipping to my home. I’ve watched all those videos you provided to try and help me make a decision. My concern too was that I have a bench that doesn’t move or wiggle around when using it.
    I'm stationed in Germany, closer to the sources of H&H and Sjöbergs than you are. :-) What helps with my pricing is my tax exempt status for these types of purchases.

highland WW is having some kind of deal on the Sjoberg Elite now, which includes a cabinet and some accessories. That might tip the scale for me towards the SJ.

If you were doing more planing and hand sawing, I think the choice of vises might play a more prominent role. For me, a tail vise (despite having one) is playing less of a role because I like to plane into stops. I like instead an end vise that offers more holding versatility when sawing.

All this being said, it actually sounds like you might rather prefer to buy a version of the multi function cart/bench that Jim B is currently building.

I’m kind of leaning towards the Sjobergs a little bit too because of the price and the under cabinet and accessories. Seems like a pretty good deal for a decent bench.