Thread: Grizzly 20" G0454Z outfeed roller

Grizzly 20" G0454Z outfeed roller

I am looking to purchase the Grizzly 20" G0454Z in the near future but I can't find any information on the performance of the outfeed roller. Grizzly's website lists the outfeed roller as a "knurled roller". I'm wondering what the knurling looks like on this outfeed roller and what the likelihood of it leaving marks on the piece is in both soft and hardwoods? Does anyone have any experience on this machine with the knurled outfeed roller vs. the G01033X model that has a smooth outfeed roller?

I'm also curious to hear general feedback on the performance of this machine as a whole from anyone who owns one.

That's weird. I thought the new versions had a rubber outfeed roller. Is this a used machine? I have a G453Z and was able to adjust the outfeed roller marks out in hardwood. I don't run much softwood but popular and didn't have any marks.

Thanks Cary.

The Grizzly site currently shows a knurled roller for the G0454Z...I am planning on buying new. It looks like Grizzly is also listing the G0453Z as having a knurled roller. I assume your machine has such a roller? Any chance you could take a picture of it for me?

Blog Entries
    Depends when it was made . . .

454 roller.JPG
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler