Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: split marking EZcad

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Haslam View Post
    I will upload a video in a few days.

I have a 20W JPT MOPA Colour fiber laser machine, and have 3 lenses 110x110, 200x200 and 300x300.
    thanks, I am waiting for my 20w JPT MOPA to come.

2. Video below, there is no sound.

There is a very small gap between some of the sections (which I think with a few tweaks could be sorted).

Link is here if the video above does not play https://youtu.be/6_nJs48fPhg

3. I use my linear slider 2 ways:
    1. If I have time I use the RotaryMark tool in EZCad, and set the Split Size to 0.05 - This lasers one line then rotates 0.05mm. It takes time but there are no join marks.
    2. If I am in a rush I use the RotateTextMark tool. I have to split the image manually (20mm splits) - This is a lot quicker to laser... but if you get the lens the wrong height or the metal you are etching is slightly tilted, you get lines in your design.

I have not figured out how to use RotaryMark Tool and split the design to 20mm (I think its because the diameter is set to 0.64mm and thinks it will be etching into thin air)

Blog Entries
    Slick idea! Would you offer up the specifics of the linear positioner? I hadn't thought about using screw and rotary to pull the piece. Looks pretty darn good!
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

I use my linear slider 2 ways:
    1. If I have time I use the RotaryMark tool in EZCad, and set the Split Size to 0.05 - This lasers one line then rotates 0.05mm. It takes time but there are no join marks.
    2. If I am in a rush I use the RotateTextMark tool. I have to split the image manually (20mm splits) - This is a lot quicker to laser... but if you get the lens the wrong height or the metal you are etching is slightly tilted, you get lines in your design.

I have not figured out how to use RotaryMark Tool and split the design to 20mm (I think its because the diameter is set to 0.64mm and thinks it will be etching into thin air)
    That is cool and exactly what I want to do. What about the "Splitmark2" function, ever tried that one ?

Thanks for the video, helps a lot !!!

6. Never used that option, I did not know it was for the rotary device. I will do a video now.
    Thanks

7. The Slider was bought from Ebay. - CNC Linear Axis Slide 200-500mm
    I bought the 500mm length, removed the small cnc motor from one end and extended the rod (8mm) to the rotary attachment.

s-l300.jpg

8. Updated video using EZCad SplitMark2 Tool. (Thanks Andre Els for suggesting this)

I still need to tweak the diameter and/or height of the laser to remove the join lines, but the slider works very well.

Video is here https://youtu.be/t9o4j6uXhiM (if the one above does not show)

Updated video using EZCad SplitMark2 Tool. (Thanks Andre Els for suggesting this)

I still need to tweak the diameter and/or height of the laser to remove the join lines, but the slider works very well.

Video is here https://youtu.be/t9o4j6uXhiM (if the one above does not show)
    Very very cool. I can't wait to get my laser now to play around. It shipped this week, so hopefully have it next week or so. Thanks for the videos, much appreciated !