Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: split marking EZcad

split marking EZcad

I am about to order a Ray Fine 20w Fiber machine and they sent me a demo of EZcad to play with. My issue is, most of my stuff will be wider than the marking area of these machines, so I am looking at creating an X-axis moving table and potentially "split marking", although instructions are not quite clear how it works or if it's even possible. Anyone done something similar ?

I have manually done it, but the more advanced control boards have the ability to handle it, along with conveyor belts, etc. You'd have to look into something along those lines, I believe, to even have a chance of it working. I've done a lot of large pieces on our little fiber. If you are creative, you can accomplish some pretty large projects.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Thanks Scott,

yes, I thought so. I was thinking of building my own little plate that moves in the X-axis with a stepper and drive it with an Arduino or something. Mark, move 100mm, move the graphic 100mm in EZcad, Mark and so on ...

I think it can be achieved.

Blog Entries
    One thing I bought from them that I've used immensely is the x-y table. It helps a LOT to position large pieces under the laser. Yes, you can move the image inside the software, but it is much easier to crank a knob each way. and they do have a conveyor system for like pens, talk to them and get specifics, I'd rather buy something that works directly with the laser than an add-on that is separate and can't communicate with laser. (and I'd suggest as long as you have warranty for it, not to be messing inside the cabinet. ) Just say'n...... Don't know who you are communicating with, but Blanca can take several back and forths to get you message across.

And you CAN make your workpage as large as you want say 300mmx 300mm knowing you have 150 x 150 max to work with. And Split your image into sections, and mark "selected" then move your part and select a new section. Be aware while you are designing your image, if you import multiples into ezcad as vector, I have not found a way to break apart inside ezcad. I have to import several times (different graphics or text, makes no difference)
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

the work piece I have it about 695mm wide .... I will come up with a plan somehow. it'll take a few tries i'm sure. thanks.

Shouldn’t be too bad. I’ve done 4ft long panels 700mm would be easy
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Wow, that looks nice Scott ...

What was your method doing that one ?

Blog Entries
    If it were me, and I were going to do multiples that had to match, I'd be making me a carrier from plywood (or MDF that I have an abundance of scrap), it would be easy. Base of mine had threaded holes all over it. Make up some threaded pins that would fit into bottom of the carrier. Import section, place carrier with panel, engrave. Import second, Move carrier and panel, engrave, repeat as many times as necessary. 700/150 is 5 (maybe 6 depending on how close your marking are to edges
    Insure your image is place at center each time. If panel is stiff enough and has holes, no carrier would be needed. Just make fitting in the right hole. Easy! Would love to do a couple of thousand!
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Here's one of my split-marking jobs, I've done about 8 of these now--
    dutchoven.jpg
    These are fun since they're not at all flat...

Was still pretty easy-- what would be difficult would be to join up something like this on a 12" diameter whatever
    spade.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Nice looking job on the dutch oven Kev.

12. <p>
    I have had the same problem (needing to laser a larger area than my 110mm x110mm lens). I used my Rotary Attachment and added a linear slider so I can engrave longer items. It works well. I can upload a video of it working if anyone is interested? Thanks</p>
    Attached Images Attached Images

<p>
    @Anthony, That is great! I would love to see it in action. How do you set it up in software? In looking for Galvo Fiber stuff I saw a Cartesian X/Y printer the size of a pool table (or larger) with a Galvo head. It did little squares at a time then moved on to the next grid. That was neat looking but your setup it what would work for me. My Rayfine is due to ship this week. What fiber do you use? Thanks for sharing, Jeff</p>
    Last edited by Jeff Watkins; 12-18-2017 at 3:36 PM.

That is nice. Yes, that is what I want to do as well, but what I am unsure about is, how to configure that split marking inside ezcad ?

15. I will upload a video in a few days.

I have a 20W JPT MOPA Colour fiber laser machine, and have 3 lenses 110x110, 200x200 and 300x300.