Thread: Porter Cable 333 ROS sanding pad

Porter Cable 333 ROS sanding pad

Maybe a dumb question--While sanding a small piece, the entire sanding pad flew off and went across the shop. Not just the sanding disc--the entire plastic/rubber pad. The sander is an older Quicksand 333 model with 5 holes with hook and loop. I was putting some downward pressure on it at the time. I know there are replacement parts--Any idea why the entire piece came off at speed? All 3 mounting screws remain in place on the sander. Can I fix this by simply installing a PC part #85 (from the parts diagram?-which is replacement part 13904). Thanks, Larry

Easiest way is to go to Home Depot, where they have replacement pads. About $10.

In my experience, two types of pads fit most common sanders....three screw, or four screw attachment. They seem pretty interchangeable.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I replace the sanding pads on my Porter Cable speedblocs every few years. Just replaced the quarter sheet block from a reputable source and it was quite different (thinner) and doesn't look as durable. I'm not happy, but then too much effort to complain and return. Just be sure you see the product in person.
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius

The pad flexible part of the pad failed from age. I consider them wear item. HD is the cheapest source for the genuine PC ones, but their generic ones work just as well.