Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ear Protection Rec

Ear Protection Rec

Having some trouble finding reasonable priced one with Bluetooth.

Rockler has 2 different models on sale. Saw it in an email today.

I just ordered bluetooth earbuds to wear under my ear muffs. Noise cancelling $29 amazon

What do you consider "reasonable priced"?

Recently purchased a pair of 3M Work Tunes from Amazon. They retail for about $80.00. Excellent, Seriously they work and sound great. I would not lead you wrong here. I read a review about Blue Tooth Head sets for the shop and they came in first because of quality, price and dependability. Beating out the more expensive $300.00 sets which you could answer your phone with but that’s not a concern for me. 3M. Check them out and read up on them
    sometimes it's people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one imagines. Alan Turing

Not sure this will help in any way, but I never had much luck with wireless gadgets for sound (and get poor signal in the shop for the phone to stream tunes), so I still use an iPod in the shop with wired earbuds using Complyfoam tips. Those tips block the bulk of all external sound (especially after they warm a little in your ear), so does away with the need for heavy muffs and they don't ever fall out. The sound is great as long as the buds are decent (I use Sennheiser). I pass the wire inside my shirt, up my back, so it stays out of my way.

This time of the year, "Work Tunes" are available for around $40. I listen to music from you tube, using a Scosche FM transmitter from Walmart. Costs about $15 and is in automotive section. This way, I can have music on shop radio when not using head phones, and still have it on when ear protection is needed. For batteries, I use Harbor Freight's NMH rechargables.

I bought these for myself and my guys: http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...71&cat=51&ap=2

They work very well.
    Andrew J. Coholic

Andrew, how is the music reproduction on those, if you're using it for that?

Rather than use hearing protectors with Bluetooth, I use plugfones and wear my normal muffs over them. The plugfones provide a fair amount of hearing protection on their own, but wearing muffs over them really knocks down the noise. The plugfones alone are fine for most shop applications, but when I'm running the zero turn or skid steer, adding the muffs really does the job.

I listen to podcasts in my shop, but the discipline of stopping the podcast and putting on my earmuffs ensures that I give powertools my total attention. I think music would be OK, but we need to keep our concentration if we want to keep our fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Abate View Post
    Recently purchased a pair of 3M Work Tunes from Amazon. They retail for about $80.00. Excellent, Seriously they work and sound great. I would not lead you wrong here. I read a review about Blue Tooth Head sets for the shop and they came in first because of quality, price and dependability. Beating out the more expensive $300.00 sets which you could answer your phone with but that’s not a concern for me. 3M. Check them out and read up on them
    I also have the 3M Bluetooth headphones. I got them from Amazon and they sync up to my phone and work fine.

13. I found 3M worktunes with bluetooth only (no radio) at Walmart for $50. The unit has single button for on/off, skip to next tune, pause and answer phone.

I have the 3M worktunes, they work well.

They provide good noise reduction and they limit the music level to a safe value for 8 hour exposure.

regards, Rod.

I have the SafeSound ISOtunes Pro and they work pretty well although the noise cancelling feature is not completely effective. They were $80 at Rockler (IIRC).
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!