Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noise Absorption - best approach?

Here's a few ideas:

My son uses foam blocks of varying sizes and shapes in his recording studio.

When I was involved in sound systems at my church I worked with a professional. He made frames of 1x2's with a 1" thick styrofoam inside covered with fabric. Place on ceilings and walls. Very important to offset 2-3".

In my office we had huge echo issues. Carpeting on the upper 1/2 of the walls solved the issue.

Yup...reflections. Anything that breaks them up is very helpful. It can be as simple as the exposed rough back of 1/4" hardboard pegboard...which is what I used in my DC/Compressor closet for a wall surface. Softer materials help a lot with high-frequencies and you can be really creative about that.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Thanks gents, much to consider!
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Great info! I have been considering trying to create some kind of noise abatement for my D.C. System after changing the HF impeller to the Rikon impeller the noise level has gone up considerably,the frequency of the sound has changed to a lower frequency.
    my DC system has been greatly modified as you can see. It is on wheels just so I can clean up around it I am in a two car garage attached to the house one wall is on the living room and the other joins the kitchen.
    the sound level in the house is not bad at all, however the garage is where the real issue is.

any suggestions?

IMG_0148.jpg