Thread: Im looking for nice spring clamps

Im looking for nice spring clamps

I need some new ones and have no idea what brand to check out. I have craftsman now and they work great. I did find the same Craftsman model but not sure about the newer ones anymore. What do you all suggest? No cheap ones please, I bought a bunch a few years ago and they suck..
    Thanks fellow wood workers.....
    Two T's Woodshop

I have a collection (70?) of the Jorgensen Pony (3203) clamps and find them of consistent quality. Though I have found that units I purchased about 30 years ago have either lost spring tension over the years, or were weaker to begin with. One can find specials on boxes of twenty-five that puts the unit cost around $6. There are clones with unit cost $2 or even less. I purchased some clones at one point (not sure of the brand) and they were junk. Probably a hit or miss situation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill Adamsen; 12-14-2017 at 6:26 PM. Reason: added photo
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius

I don't know of any super high quality spring clamps. Let us know if you find a great one.

I bought some blemished ones from FastCap earlier this year that are made for edge banding. They have the steel spring inside to mount flush on cabinet frames. Very nice even though they are blemished. Heck, by the time I use them a time or two, they get blemished anyways. Can't remember what they sell for regularly, but well worth a look.