Thread: Need advice with drum sander conveyor and replacing parts

Post Need advice with drum sander conveyor and replacing parts

I'm back after a 9 year absence (no, wasn't in prison) and have moved my equipment out of storage and to my home. I've been working hard on a pile of end grain cutting boards before Christmas and now my Performax 22-44 has tried to self destruct. Bad timing. Now I need to order parts overnight to repair it in time.

The conveyor belt tore and then jammed underneath the sanding platform. Before I could shut it off I heard a pop. That seems to be the conveyor motor because I can easily stop it with my hand so I'm ordering that too. I'm also replacing the drive roller since mine was rubber and the newer knurled one seems to have less slippage.

I'm looking for advice on the replacement conveyor. I see them from $30 for generic to $150 for the Jet version. Is there a significant difference? Is there a better style of conveyor? Opinions on rubber style conveyors for this type of sander?

I recently replaced the conveyor on a Jet 22-44, using a generic belt. Seems to be working fine. (It's just a 22 x 47-1/2 120 grit sanding belt)

I just ordered generic as well. Hopefully will work well enough.