Thread: Wavy text when rotated by slight degrees

Unhappy Wavy text when rotated by slight degrees

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this issue when engraving text and if anyone has any ideas that may help me? When engraveing text (any font)... size is 12pt. (does not matter what size really) horizontally it engraves and appears normally. However, rotating it a slight degrees ( 357.5 ) to the right (downward) the characters are wobbly like when it occurs when having a dirty encoder strip. Any ideas what may be causing this? I have cleaned the encoder strip, rails, mirrors, lens. It is more noticable when using Cermark. I try to avoid rotating text for this reason. .. which makes my work more difficult, espeically when your working on different angled knife blades. Using an epilog Helix 45wat. Speed 19, Power 100, Dpi 400 on stainless steel. It also happens when engraving on other materials. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike
    It would be helpful if we could see pictures.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Try reversing the encoder cable.
    Epilog Lasers

<p>
    Tried a vertical line test. Seems to be OK? The vertical lines within the angled text seem off? Not the clearest picture but it is more noticeable when using CerMark on stainless steel. This engraving was done on TroLase Thins from Trotec Laser Canada.</p>
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mike Tavares; 12-18-2017 at 12:03 PM.

What resolution are you lasering that? My guess is 500 or 600, maybe less. Try increasing the resolution and your "problem" will likely go away.

I was going to guess 300 or 400, but might be something else, like: what version of Corel are you running (assuming you ARE using Corel), and what machine did the engraving? My old ULS was/still is a nearly flawless engraving machine, that is, until you send it ANY job from Corel X6. It simply will not engrave ANYTHING from X6 worth a crap. My BIL, ever since he got X6, and LOVES it, has to save whatever he does in X6 then open it in X4 to engrave it. Somewhere I have test pics of the difference. The output options of the 2 programs are identical, and changing options does nothing to help.

That all said, whatever your res settings, raise them. And try changing text to curves and see what happens...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle