Thread: Can anyone help me with a jet jwts-10cw2-lfr table saw?

Can anyone help me with a jet jwts-10cw2-lfr table saw?

Good evening!

I want to make my dad a table saw crosscut sled, he has the jet model jwts-10cw2-lfr. I haven't been able to find info on this saw online, can anyone tell me the width of the miter slots in the table so I can make runners to fit? I thought I'd make the runners here and put them on once I'm at his house for Christmas.

Thank you!

Jim

Its always been my experience that you have to have the saw at hand to make a crosscut sled. I've always put the runners into the miter slot on both sides, placed the platform down on it, then attached. Any variance in the slots would negate trying to do it without the saw. From my experience, even identical saws will/might have a slight degree of difference in the miter slot.
    You could still build the platform and cut the runners and not attach them, then after he receives it as a gift take it and finish the alignment.

I completely agree with what Steve said.

Another option is to make the runners deliberately narrow just shy of 3/4" and install nylon set screws, just like the Rockler and Kreg aluminum bars. If I ever notice some slop, I can take a caliper and measure and adjust each adjustment point to the exact thousandth-of-an-inch reading I got when I first set it up.

Making the runners without the saw will be tough. It is likely 3/4 x 3/8 like most saws, but you never know how much slop their may be in them. I would suggest buying a runner that is adjustable, and that way, you have the ability to adjust/tweak it without having the saw.

Thanks for the replies. You're right for sure about having the saw on hand! I'm hoping the slot on my dad's is the same as mine (home center saw). I can make the sled at home with one runner installed, and just put the other one on and cut the slot when I get there. Least, that's what I hope to accomplish.

Thanks!

If it were me I would make the width a little wider and when I got to your father's place, rip it to fit the slots or take a wide board and rip to size if you are not comfortable cutting the narrow stock. Two cuts and a little sanding won't take much time to do there. Bring extra in case you cut too narrow.

Thanks Peter, good plan! Much appreciate all the help the forum has given!