Thread: Sullair shoptek or DV B5TD

Sullair shoptek or DV B5TD

Hi there,

Im looking for some feedback on the Sullair shoptek 5hp screw compressor or the DV B5 TD 5hp screw compressor. Anyone have experience with one? Reliability, energy efficiency, noise are my biggest concerns. Thanks for any help
    Last edited by Livingston Johnston; 12-20-2017 at 1:01 PM.

Sullair are guaranteed for 80,000 hours on the air end on the larger capacity machines I have used (160kw). One would hope that the quality is similar across the range. I have had responsibility for three different ones over the years at different sites. They have been quiet and reliable. Noise has depended on the quality of the shrouding as well. I can't comment on the other brand as I am not familiar with it. Cheers
    Every construction obeys the laws of physics. Whether we like or understand the result is of no interest to the universe.

How much air do you really need? Screw compressors are the way to go as long as they consistently run long enough to get hot and dry out. changing the oil and filter often is a expense many owners forget to figure into the cost of ownership. Any warranty is going to want maintenance records proving oil and filter changes on schedule.
    Bill D