Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great-grandsons in the shop.....

Great-grandsons in the shop.....

Our oldest granddaughter visited over the weekend with her 3 children. Her oldest son will be 11 very shortly, her younger son 8 and her daughter 18 months.

The boys and I made it to the shop where with a little assistance they made Christmas gifts for Mom and Dad. Mom's gift was a paper towel stand and Dad's gift was a small tray into which he can empty his pockets at days end.

Here's photographs for proof.

J1.jpgN1.jpgus1.jpg

Here's proof our granddaughter and great-granddaughter came with the boys.

V1.jpg
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 12-20-2017 at 1:33 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

excellent Ken. My great grandson just turned 2 last week , I hope I make it to see him work my laser.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

That is a fine Christmas Blessing Ken!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    It would be a joyous occasion to have my grand kids in my shop this time of year.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Love seeing those. The younger boy is carrying that paper towel holder like a Roman officer holding one of fasces symbols...but with a little extra authority. Ken, give that Dad a word about the importance of actually using that pocket contents holder .

Love the photos Ken! Always fun spending time with grandkids - even more so with great grandkids! Thanks for sharing!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Thanks for sharing Ken.

I had my 4 1/2 yr old grandson in the Neander side of the shop yesterday. He is not close to ready for power tools but enjoyed his first trys with some of the hand tools. He used a hand drill, bit & brace, Yankee driver and block plane and had a ball.

Blog Entries
    Priceless. It is great to have grand kids in the shop. I love it when mine ask to help. I usually end up with a bunch of scrap pieces glued together in weird shapes but they are having fun and learning about making sawdust.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Priceless. It is great to have grand kids in the shop. I love it when mine ask to help. I usually end up with a bunch of scrap pieces glued together in weird shapes but they are having fun and learning about making sawdust.
    Exactly! and it is FUN!

Blog Entries
    My poor grandkids. Last summer they helped me cut and split firewood. Well they had some fun and got paid some cash to take to the county fair.

Of course, how many city kids can say they have split firewood with their grandpa?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    My poor grandkids. Last summer they helped me cut and split firewood. Well they had some fun and got paid some cash to take to the county fair.

Of course, how many city kids can say they have split firewood with their grandpa?

jtk
    Nothing wrong with that Grandpa! I poled beans and helped pick corn in my grandfather's fields and an uncle's fields.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I enjoyed reading about that on FB and reading about it here again. So good you can spend time like that with the kids!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Ken! That looks like a great time. The best memories are created while doing things together.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

One of the greatest things in life as a Grand-pa.
    My daughter asked me a couple of weeks ago if I could make her some small snowmen for a handicap young man she day cares for. So I said, "Why don't you come over and I'll show you how to do it?" Somewhat to my surprise, she said she would love to! So she did, and I did.

When she still had the last half to do, I asked her if she was coming back or just wanted me to finish them. "No, she said, I'm coming back, and I'll bring Kilien (11 year old grandson) and then she showed him how to do it!! With me pointing out a few things, but it was so great to see daughter and her son standing at the lathe making the snowmen.

Proud moment for sure.

Final result below...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

And Abe seems content and untroubled .