Thread: ITT / Goulds Pumps- Customer NO SERVICE!

ITT / Goulds Pumps- Customer NO SERVICE!

Two weeks ago, I visited ITT/Goulds Pumps web site. Left them an email asking about performance curve of a particular pump. Week and a half ago, left them a phone message. (Both contacts included a return address, or phone number.) No reply of any kind as of today. I guess this is their standard CUSTOMER NO SERVICE! Based upon this I no longer would recommend anyone buy a Goulds well pump.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 12-21-2017 at 7:44 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Two weeks ago, I visited ITT/Goulds Pumps web site. Left them an email asking about performance curve of a particular pump. Week and a half ago, left them a phone message. (Both contacts included a return address, or phone number.) No reply of any kind as of today. I guess this is their standard CUSTOMER NO SERVICE! Based upon this I no longer would recommend anyone buy a Goulds well pump.
    Considering the time of year a lot of businesses are either closed for the holidays or running with a skeleton crew.

It may be a bit early to totally condemn them.

Then again they may still be trying to figure out what exactly is a performance curve. In which case you may be right about them not being worthy of anyone's business.

For me, if calling a business puts me in to a system of menus and pressing zero doesn't get me a live person my first reaction is to call someone else.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I am a Goulds professional dealer. Goulds sells through a dealer network and not direct to the public. If you get a hold of a local dealer they should be able to help you

Maybe try simply calling your local well driller and ask? I installed goulds my entire career and it is a top notch product. By the way, the pump curves are available in ALL goulds catalogs right along with all the other information.

I had a P-1 Plumbing licensee for years, so pumps aren't new to me. It's the fact that Goulds wouldn't even reply to messages, not even telling me to take a long walk off a short plank. Call it what you want, but it's still customer NO SERVICE!

I had a P-1 Plumbing licensee for years, so pumps aren't new to me. It's the fact that Goulds wouldn't even reply to messages, not even telling me to take a long walk off a short plank. Call it what you want, but it's still customer NO SERVICE!
    You've not said you're their customer. If you have a Goulds pump, it would be most likely you bought it from a dealer, not from Goulds. Call your dealer for assistance. Or if you bought a second-hand pump from someone else, you're still not Goulds customer and should find the nearest dealer for assistance. If you don't have a Goulds pump, you're certainly not a Goulds customer; if you want a Goulds pump, you should contact the nearest dealer for assistance.

You've got to be a customer to receive "customer no service." Not every manufacturer back-doors their dealer network for individual sales to the public.

If you really want to know about performance curves for Goulds pumps, you might want to try http://www.gouldspumps.com/Tools-and...ection-System/ which links to individual pumps and their performance curves. Perhaps the folks at Goulds saw that you are connected to the Internet and might be smart enough to try their web site for information. There seems to be a lot of customer service right there, a couple of clicks away. Always remember, when you have questions, Google is your friend. It can keep you from looking like the Grinch.

Or, as said above, their e-mail people may be on holiday leave. Maybe they'll get to you when they get back in the office, unless they've seen your disparagements posted here and decide you're more trouble than you are worth. Your holiday spirit appears to be worn a bit thin.
    Fair winds and following seas,
    Jim Waldron

Brad's reply says it all. They are a DEALER BASED SUPPLIER. And likely for this very reason because if they had every Joe Schmoe and retail customer ringing their number for every technical question under the sun they would simply be inundated with fruitless calls. Your automobile manufacturer is a DEALER BASED operation... do you call GM directly at their corporate office for information about your vehicle? No. Toyota? No. Ford? No. You call THE DEALER.

It doesnt matter what license you hold. Ive been licensed GC for nearly my entire adult life. I rely on my DEALERS to do the legwork for me (thats what they are paid to do) so that I dont have to do it myself.

I feel for you or anyone else taking that information because Gould is still one of the best pumps out there and your cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Good luck with that.

My local distributor (Noland) no longer handles Goulds pumps. That's where pump was bought from originally. Don't forget that Goulds made those piece of trash Water Ace pumps that Lowes sold.
    Last edited by Bruce Wrenn; 12-26-2017 at 9:00 PM.

My local distributor (Noland) no longer handles Goulds pumps. That's where pump was bought from originally. Don't forget that Goulds made those piece of trash Water Ace pumps that Lowes sold.
    If they no longer handle Gould pumps, they are no longer your nearest dealer. TILT!
    Fair winds and following seas,
    Jim Waldron

I cant argue that its sad when a quality manufacturer is willing to make a downgraded product for re-branding by a retailer but unfortunately business is business and unless you are in a very exclusive market (which consumer pumps are not) you are likely going to sink if you don't make everything you can. So if Gould is willing to allow a retailer to set a spec that is crap and re-brand it as their own, Gould is no longer the responsible party. They are simply building to a retailers specification and washing their hands of it. As I say, it would be a luxurious place to be to say "we simply wont lower our quality standards to meet Lowes price point" but I dont think there are many of those spots left in the consumer market.

It is what it is but just my 0.02 that thinking that because you held a license and know about pumps a multi-million dollar international company should "service you" is a bit of a red herring. Go on Goulds dealer locator and find the new closest distributor. If your area is anything like ours the dealers for quality products are ever shrinking so we may only have a dealer that is 600 miles away. Thats what we get for walking into Lowes, Home Depot, and Walmart.

As mentioned here, in my area the vast majority of the dealers are now the well drillers but you may not get much in the way of "service" out of them if your not buying or having a well drilled.

Good luck.

My experience is most dealers in this type of stuff don't want to deal with questions unless you bought from them before, or you are in the industry. They don't want to answer homeowner type questions.