Thread: Laguna IQ used?

Laguna IQ used?

There is a used Laguna IQ in my area for sale, or is a few years old and includes aspire software. It seems to be in good condition, although I have not seen it in person run yet. It has the spindle that is water cooled from water in a bucket, is that how the IQ is cooled? Any way, they are asking 4800.00 for it. Good deal? Any one with experience with these machines? I was actually looking at a couple other machines with a 2 x 4 footprint. Opionons, thoughts? Thanks

Aspire is $2000 alone but remember that there is a $50 charge to switch it over that sounds like a good deal if it works.

I would say check it out and if everything is running right and looks good go for it. We have several Laguna tools now from there CNC routers to there dust collectors all running great with little to no problems ,Knock on Wood :-) . As Jerome has stated the Aspire program alone is $2000

The base model IQ is $5999, this includes V carve which is more than enough software unless your working in 3D.
    3X Camfive 1200 48" x 24" 100watt Tube
    Zcorp 450 3d Printer
    Laguna Smartshop 2 - 4x8 ATC

Thanks for the replies. I am meeting with the owner in a couple days, he has been out of town for the holidays. I did ask if he was able to transfer the software and he said he was the first and only owner of both, so we should be good to go. If all looks good, I will be the new owner

Be aware a software transfer may not include an upgrade. A transfer fee will get you the option to buy the software upgrades. Aspire upgrade is about $400. Just want you to be aware of the value you are getting. Call the Vectric folks. They will help you get everything squared away.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Was told by vectric up to them if will let you transfer software and can only be done once...

Thanks, yeah I emailed vectric a couple days ago. They said they will have talk to the current owners when I am ready to buy to tell me for sure. So next week I will know for sure