Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giving up old bullet proof saw for saw stop...

“When you have to rely on technology to tell you when you are about to lose a finger or go off a cliff it is time to rethink a few things.”

Really?
    If you had half a clue how much technology was onboard commercial airliners to keep you safe, you would “rethink” your rethinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Allen View Post
    There are a lot of accidents with many different tools. Knowing how to safey use them and PRACTICING safety constantly is why I still have all my fingers after running a table saw for the last 50 years.
    I have not known or met one single SawStop owner or user who would oppose to your assertion that "Knowing how to safey use them and PRACTICING safety constantly" is very very important. The SawStop is not a replacement of that; the SawStop provides added safety features as an insurance policy only when using the table saw. A miter saw can still cut off fingers without mercy.

I should also add that before and after starting to use the SawStop, I have also relied on what you assert to keep all my fingers intact. We are not in disagreement there.

Simon
    Last edited by Simon MacGowen; 12-31-2017 at 6:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Sincerbeaux View Post
    “When you have to rely on technology to tell you when you are about to lose a finger or go off a cliff it is time to rethink a few things.”

Really?
    If you had half a clue how much technology was onboard commercial airliners to keep you safe, you would “rethink” your rethinking.
    There's a Airbus versus Boeing comment to be made here, I just can't put it together.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    I kept my old saw. Twice. Glad I did.
    More power to you. SawStop is not the only solution out there. It is a very good one for those who chose it. The fact that it is the #1 selling cabinet saw in North America must mean something. As expected, the meaning is different to different people.

Simon
    Last edited by Simon MacGowen; 12-31-2017 at 6:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Wasner View Post
    There's a Airbus versus Boeing comment to be made here, I just can't put it together.
    Are we comparing table saws to jetliners that fly at 600 miles per hour?

SawStops are the greatest. I wish all other saws would get scrapped and sent to the shredder. ( I said that so my post wouldn't get deleted for expressing y own opinion.)

SawStops are the greatest. I wish all other saws would get scrapped and sent to the shredder. ( I said that so my post wouldn't get deleted for expressing y own opinion.)
    The SawStops are the greatest today only. All saws will be great when they have the SawStop technology or the equ. (e.g. Bosch Reaxx tech) installed one day when the patents expire. And the prices for new saws with such safety feature will come down due to competition, even when inflation is taken into account.

I hope Festool, with its might and financial resources, will introduce the SawStop tech to more power tools like the miter saw and/or bandsaw.

Simon
    Last edited by Simon MacGowen; 12-31-2017 at 6:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon MacGowen View Post
    The SawStops are the greatest today only. All saws will be great when they have the SawStop technology or the equ. (e.g. Bosch Reaxx tech) installed one day when the patents expire. And the prices for new saws with such safety feature will come down due to competition, even when inflation is taken into account. I hope Festool, with its might and financial resources, will introduce the SawStop tech to more power tools like the miter saw and/or bandsaw. Simon
    I can't respond as all my posts get deleted. All hail SawSttop.

I can't respond as all my posts get deleted. All hail SawSttop.
    Funny how that works.

All hail Sawstop!

Funny how that works.

All hail Sawstop!

You guys are just being rude and derailing the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Mac View Post
    All hail SawStop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Mac View Post
    When I post from mobile, the link to put me on ignore doesn't show up in my signature. Sorry about that.

AHSS

Airbus guy here. My response was to the relying on technology statement(see quote) in saws or cars. My jet will warn us if it calcultaes going off the runway. And some airports, the end of a runway is “off a cliff”

Quote Originally Posted by John Sincerbeaux View Post
    Airbus guy here. My response was to the relying on technology statement(see quote) in saws or cars. My jet will warn us if it calcultaes going off the runway. And some airports, the end of a runway is “off a cliff”
    Sweet! Wheels up, slap that AP and get ready for your cat-III approach.

Then cart wheel through the trees because you can't fly the thing.

What's the Airbus joke? They're going to install a dog and a pilot. The pilot is there to feed the dog, the dog is there to bite the pilot if he touches anything?

I give up.

I think this thread has run its course.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.