Thread: Centroid Acorn and software prices going up

Centroid Acorn and software prices going up

FYI the intro prices on the centroid acorn cp motonboard and their pro software goes up 1/3/2018. FYI in case you are on the fence.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    FYI the intro prices on the centroid acorn cp motonboard and their pro software goes up 1/3/2018. FYI in case you are on the fence.
    Interesting.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Interesting.
    Bill is correct, very interesting. If it will help I can give you some information as the pricing for the Acorn Kit (On board controller, breakout board, power supply, power and board wiring kit, plus a shielded LAN cable), CNC12 software, which includes Intercon (conversational CAM) at $265 seems "too good to be true".

My third Acorn kit arrived today. I have one installed on my recently CNC converted Grizzly metal Lathe. One is on the bench being set up for an upcoming router build and the third was order out of faith and wanting to beat the price increase. I can tell you that the hardware is top shelf, software is top of the line and support, via provided documentation, how to videos and a dedicated to the Acorn forum section is the best I have seen in the small CNC and DIY arena. Yes, kids, we all have our favorites (I have had 2) that have "the best of the best" support, and these guys have actually done it better. Very active participation of a good number of advanced users backed up by the complete Acorn development team.

Their "Pro Lathe" software on my lathe gives me every tool I could imagine to succeed, including premeasured tools with parametric settings including inside/outside cutting and threading and variable approach angles. This machine specific package was so impressive, I ordered my second with the intent of installing it on my mill. This thread shows my "in progress" build thread: http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1238 (copy and paste)

Possibly the best news, for many of us (routerheads) is that a "Pro Router" version is in the works as we speak. There is probably no reason that the mill version can't run on a router, but there are operational and terminology differences, along with the ability to customize the touch screen interface is coming in the next version of CNC12. Based on what I have seen in the past, this will most likely be weeks, not months or years like some others.

If anyone has any questions, I will do my best to answer them here. Or simply post them on the "centroidcncforum"
    Gary Campbell
    CNC Replacement & Upgrade Controllers
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC

Gary, i converted a 1050 cnc knee.mill in 2014 to an allin1dc controller and cnc11. Its super nice. I have the dp-4 digitizer setup, tt1, mpg, and pendant and a slew of unlocks. Today i ordered the digitizer pkg for my acorns since i had the dp4 already. I have a rev2 acorn and now a rev3. For christmas i got Lathepro for the rev2 and millpro and the rev3 and it will get the digitizer pkg as well.

I really like the full canned probe cycles and auto rotation correction. The dp4 is a ruby tipped probe that does not require any conductive material. You should check them out.

One thing i use a lot is the potentiometer on the pendant. Ill have to see how to duplicate that on cnc12 easier.

Wonder if we can get a 2nd party decent physical pendant or mpg to work.

Mikie

Mike...
    Your Acorn stash sounds like mine. I know they are not the Oak or Allin1, but are amazing even at the new price point. For the DIY crowd this should be a welcome option that provides function and stability beyond the norms of DIY control. Acorn shows an example what happens when a high end controller moves down market versus low end offerings trying to move up.

I just got back from a training gig in PA and was able to stop in at the Centroid factory during some down time. I was given a very impressive tour and met a bunch or really good folks. I was able to hold the probes in my hand (along with many other products) and was impressed.
    Gary Campbell
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC

At noon i bought a third acorn, Gary, for the router. Hope you got your fill.

Mike...
    With the features that are coming, I doubt we will be alone.
    Gary Campbell
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC

Bill Griggs owns an acorn board at least. Hi Bill!