Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sawstop Saga - like an episode of Columbo

Blog Entries
    Stop with the SS politics...........

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Murray View Post
    I won't divorce myself from Sawstop - mechanically the machine is great. I may, however, divorce myself from the technology by rewiring it like a normal saw if I have future issues.
    That's what I was thinking when I suggested divorcing yourself from Sawstop, divorce yourself from the technology and all that comes with it.

From what I've heard, the saw itself is excellent. It's only Achilles heel (as far as I know) is the technology that put it in the spotlight in the first place. I think I'd be on pins and needles fearing a false firing, knowing the cost of replacing the brake and blade. So bypassing the flesh sensor would be something I'd seriously consider.

Think of how many blade guards made their way into the trash bin because they were such a pain to deal with. We first want things to do the job they were intended to do. If there's something preventing that from happening.... bye-bye!
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

I only own three Festool tools and none of the high dollar items. Instructions for each are almost totally sketches. They are helpful but for Festool prices you'd think they could include some actual instructions. The devices themselves are fairly self explanatory but still....

SS would seem to fit with this mentality. But their customer service guys may need a better script too. They seemed to be making it up as they went. Seems like they should have a script telling them the steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dwight View Post
    I only own three Festool tools and none of the high dollar items. Instructions for each are almost totally sketches. They are helpful but for Festool prices you'd think they could include some actual instructions. The devices themselves are fairly self explanatory but still....

SS would seem to fit with this mentality. But their customer service guys may need a better script too. They seemed to be making it up as they went. Seems like they should have a script telling them the steps.
    That's because Germany is in charge of the manuals. They figure if you can afford to buy their tools you already know how to use them. To finish sand in Germany, you have to apprentice as a sander for four years.

Straight from my buddy's at festool.