Thread: Bessey K Body Clamp Questions

Bessey K Body Clamp Questions

I have a ton of the old style Bessey K-Body clamps in sizes 12" - 60". Most are drilled for the black plastic rail end clip. I really like how the clips hold the clamp level on the bench. The oldest ones were not and years ago ground the bars and drilled them to take clips. Jump forward to today and the old style clips are no longer available. Does anyone know if the new Revo end clips will work on the old non-Revo clamps? If the new clips won't work, I may design a replacement and 3D print some.

Commenting to subscribe...interesting. Only my UniClamps have the black plastic thingies (technical term... ) on the end. None of my (older) K-Bodies have that.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Commenting to subscribe...interesting. Only my UniClamps have the black plastic thingies (technical term... ) on the end. None of my (older) K-Bodies have that.
    Here is a link to a catalog page. Part number KBTP-4 The older clamps just had a crimp on the end. Then they added a hole at the end for this clip. It is removable to use the rail connector to flip a head around.

https://www.norco-inc.com/ASSETS/DOC...6-Brochure.pdf

The newer bessey's clamp rails sit slightly higher off the bench than the older clamps.

The new ones do fit on the older bessey clamps but the rail will not be parallel to the bench. The rail at the head will be lower than the end section. You could trim it down though.

Joe, most of the Bessey K-Body clamps I have are the older style. When I bought them I also bought the blocks. I was gluing up some doors the last couple of days and the blocks made up for the lack of support clips. In the event modifying them doesn't fit the bill, maybe the blocks will suffice.
    Last edited by Julie Moriarty; 12-30-2017 at 11:33 PM.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Yes, I have two sets of the blocks, myself. I don't use them often, but when they are needed, they do the job well, including supporting cross clamps without interference.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

3D printer project! I use T-bars when I glue up to avoid clamp on assembly table complications.

I may just buy phenolic and machine it to make bocks and bolt them in place