Thread: For my fiber peeps. Anyone have this issue with a fill?

For my fiber peeps. Anyone have this issue with a fill?

The image itself is a really good vector (SVG) and when converted from CorelDraw into a DXF or PLT file for Ezcad (or Tykmas version of it), it looks like it imports just fine. Then when I go to fill, BAM, pieces will not fill, though all nodes look like they are connected appropriately. I've tried all different ways of converting but nothing will fill properly. Any ideas? I feel like I've been on here asking more fiber related questions in the last several than over 2 years here on my CO2. This is mind numbing.

Hmmm.png
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 80 watt
    Synrad 30 Watt - CO2 Galvo
    LaserStar 3804 - 50 watt fiber - SPI Source
    Tykma Minilase - 20 watt fiber - SPI Source - (MOPA)
    CorelDraw X7

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob John View Post
    The image itself is a really good vector (SVG) and when converted from CorelDraw into a DXF or PLT file for Ezcad (or Tykmas version of it), it looks like it imports just fine. Then when I go to fill, BAM, pieces will not fill, though all nodes look like they are connected appropriately. I've tried all different ways of converting but nothing will fill properly. Any ideas? I feel like I've been on here asking more fiber related questions in the last several than over 2 years here on my CO2. This is mind numbing.

Hmmm.png
    What is that overlap on the left? Try moving it off it over or weld it.
    355 - 10400 : )

Sometimes ungrouping everything and regrouping problem areas will resolve issues like this.

try changing the 'average distribute line' setting- whatever it's been, change it and see if that helps-
    -try a little more or a little less hatch distance-
    -try different angles-
    about that overlap Neville points out, in most cases that overlap would create a hole- since it it didn't and simply hatched both parts, this means that there may be an open segment of the graphic somewhere than needs closing, and the unfilled section is 'the hole' at the moment...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    try changing the 'average distribute line' setting- whatever it's been, change it and see if that helps-
    -try a little more or a little less hatch distance-
    -try different angles-
    about that overlap Neville points out, in most cases that overlap would create a hole- since it it didn't and simply hatched both parts, this means that there may be an open segment of the graphic somewhere than needs closing, and the unfilled section is 'the hole' at the moment...

Ok so I apologize for being the neediest SawmillCreeker lately, but I tried all of this and nothing works. I tried Neville's suggestion and it also did not work. But get this. So I ungroup all objects in the Ezcad program and fill both sections separately. Works! Group all objects and fill the rest, it unfills those 2 sections again! And yes, when it engraves those sections do not engrave.

EDIT: Ok I went and welded a few different sections instead of the ones I was previously working with, AND IT WORKED! Let's see how it engraves. And thanks Neville!

PS EDIT: So I went and looked at other screwy sections in the image and sure as hell, welding them worked. When there are overlapping objects, like Kev said it creates holes or something that filling doesn't like. I spent hours banging my head against a wall with this one, so I'm just going to ask, I need some beyond beginner level CorelDraw training. I do OK, but I can't advance beyond what I already know. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Jacob John; 01-07-2018 at 1:37 AM.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 80 watt
    Synrad 30 Watt - CO2 Galvo
    LaserStar 3804 - 50 watt fiber - SPI Source
    Tykma Minilase - 20 watt fiber - SPI Source - (MOPA)
    CorelDraw X7

Post the file, it's difficult to guess what might be going on. What everyone suggested are reasons for it messing up. It's a bit like lottery numbers, change one and the other 5 functions are at risk.
    355 - 10400 : )

The issue you are seeing is that you have an object that is confusing for the fill tool. Since you have overlapping things, it has no idea which is the inside and which is the outside, so it just leaves it blank. Welding solved it because it fixed the issue of the overlap.

EZCAD is not a fantastic program. It chokes on things that other programs thrive at, so you have to give it very clean artwork or be prepared for problems. Old government seals can be a nightmare for EZCAD.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Neville Stewart View Post
    Post the file, it's difficult to guess what might be going on. What everyone suggested are reasons for it messing up. It's a bit like lottery numbers, change one and the other 5 functions are at risk.
    Look at my edits, Neville. Welding fixed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    The issue you are seeing is that you have an object that is confusing for the fill tool. Since you have overlapping things, it has no idea which is the inside and which is the outside, so it just leaves it blank. Welding solved it because it fixed the issue of the overlap.

EZCAD is not a fantastic program. It chokes on things that other programs thrive at, so you have to give it very clean artwork or be prepared for problems. Old government seals can be a nightmare for EZCAD.
    I'm still what you would consider a new user for CorelDraw. I can do some things but I guess I get lucky with most images. Welding wasn't my first thought, but it makes sense when you talk about the way Ezcad recognized the imported image. And government seals are the worst. They look clean until you get them imported as a dxf!