Thread: Mopping the shop

Blog Entries

Mopping the shop

Nothing better than busted pipes in the wall in winter...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 01-07-2018 at 9:23 PM. Reason: fixed photo orientation

That's an unfortunate mess, Jack. 'Hope the cleanup goes well and no issues come from it with the machinery, etc.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Glad i have a laptop so I can turn it sideways to look at the pics.
    NOW you tell me...

Blog Entries
    I forget how to turn pictures..Good neck exercise...

Bummer I hate to see that! I once saw an airplane hanger that had a foam fire suppression system that fired off. 051705E1-F393-4669-B9CF-3B5C01A28026-1389-00000316C22E7457.jpeg

Sorry to hear of your water issue. I have had water twice in my shop garage for a different reason. Before our road was paved, a builder put up houses across the street and up the hill from us without putting up adequate catch fences for the mud and debris that came off his construction sites when they took down the vegatation. So our driveway drain plugged and our garages got 2-3 inches of water in them. I went with a neighbor to the county and they sent people out but the silt fences never worked well. When they finally paved the road and the neighbors got grass in their yards the issue was resolved. (the builder got to pay for the paving)

I don't have many cast iron tools, fortunately, but had rust on planes and chisels just due to the very high humidity. I wish I had taken a few minutes to spray things with WD40. But I have since cleaned them up. I hope your damage is similarly limited. My shop garage is brick for the bottom foot or so so there was no structural issue.