Thread: Round Dining Table Plans

Round Dining Table Plans

I am going to attempt a dining table build to replace our current 1950s version. I would like to get a basic plan to get me started. Things like apron width, width of the pedestal base, etc. I found a plan similar to what I want to build on the Wood Magazine site but I can't get it to download or even view it in the store. (Is there a trick to that?)

What I am visualizing is a 42-46" round extendable craftsman style with a single pedestal base similar to the Stickley table. Any ideas where to locate a plan similar to this? I can draw it on a napkin and go from there if i have too but a little help is always nice.

Any advise on building a dining table would also be appreciated as always.

Wood plan:

Stickley table:

I'm not sure there is a plan for that Stickley table but it wouldn't be difficult to reverse engineer it. I recently drew up a round table plan for another woodworker. If you can't find a suitable plan, drop me a line and maybe I can help.

Dave
    Very nice looking table. How big (diameter) was your table top and what was the finished width of the base? There needs to be a measured drawing of that Stickley table, it has some very nice lines in my opinion.
    Thanks,

... that Stickley table . . .
    I believe I'd be a bit reluctant to lean very heavily on the edge of it.

I really like that cabinet and window design in the first pic.

Alan, the table I did is 42" dia. and it's 32 in. from end of leg to end of leg.

...that Stickley table... has a split base so when the top is extended, the base spreads out like this.

There needs to be a measured drawing of that Stickley table
    I'm sure the Stickley people have measured drawings but I'd be kind of surprised if they actually make them available.
    Last edited by Dave Richards; 12-31-2017 at 12:24 PM.