Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Scam for Banking This Time

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    They finally told us no one had any idea why the check was issued and for $10 we should just cash it and have fun with the money.

Sometimes a bank can be too big for their own good or the good of the public.

jtk
    When a tool vendor makes a mistake, we discuss it like it is the world. But do you people know how many mistakes are made in the financial sector including banks and tax agencies everyday?

While I can't specifically reveal my sources, I can tell you more than any customers or ordinary people can believe. $10 was nothing; $10,000 was withdrawn from someone's account and the client was reimbursed in full, given a gift card (as a token of apology for inconvenience as it took several weeks to resolve the matter within the bank) and was not given the reason why or how it happened. Banks make a LOT of mistakes in ALL departments. You can easily verify this if you know someone who works there.

Don't believe in anything you read or receive in ANY unsolicited emails, no matter where they come from. If you talked to PayPal, your investment bank, etc., this morning and received an email purported to be from them in the afternoon, it could just be a COINCIDENCE. It has happened to me more than once!

Simon

I had a $25,000 deposit that they put in someone else's account one time and that made me overdraw my payroll and payments to my vendors. I went there and showed them that my receipt and they reimbursed me and paid the vendors with including the penalties to straighten it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    I had a $25,000 deposit that they put in someone else's account one time and that made me overdraw my payroll and payments to my vendors. I went there and showed them that my receipt and they reimbursed me and paid the vendors with including the penalties to straighten it out.
    Your incident was pretty straightforward: the bank staff debited your money into someone's account by mistake. The one I quoted was different: the money (not even due for maturity) disappeared from the client's account (an investment account) even though that account had had no transactions involved with anyone. If the money wasn't due for renewal or redemption, it was supposed to be locked in, but somehow it vanished without the knowledge of the account owner (how the owner came to realize about it was another story -- hint: the bank did not know about it either until the client brought it to its attention).

Simon