Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rabbit laser and Corel x5

Rabbit laser and Corel x5

I have had a rabbit laser for several years. I used the corel x3 app to run the rabbit laser. I didn't use lasercut. I have upgraded my computer and my software to corelx5. I am having issues installing the macro to run the laser from corel. Has another installed and used the macro in x4 or x5 corel? Any help would be great. I hate using lasercut. I really would like to get corel macro working again. It stopped working on my old computer and corel x3. I fixed the issue a year or more ago and then a few months ago it did it again. But, I can't remember how I fixed it the first time!

I would like to get it running on x4 or x5, but if I can't I would like to at least get it running on the old computer and x3 again. But any help on x4 or x5 now would be greatly appreciated. It just tells me it only works on 11, 12 andx3 when installing. And then says install failed. The rabbit website says it will work on x4 and x5. So, that is what I would like as x3 wont work on windows 10.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Very simple. do your project in Corel Draw whatever and Export out via DXF or AI file version 8. If its like my Macro, it just opens up the LaserCut / LaserCad program and sends your file over.
    Last edited by Bill George; 01-06-2018 at 8:16 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Blog Entries
    Almost positive that the rabbit website has instructions on how install the plug in.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

I've had issues with my LaserSoft plugin with Corel. There's no clear-cut description on what to do once the program installs the plug-in. When I changed computers in the garage, went a whole day trying to figure out what to do to get the plug-in to 'happen. Then out of the blue for no reason that I could figure out, the plug-in icon just shows up on the screen. I moved it to the toolbar and been there ever since...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Thanks, yes I can export a dxf and import into lasercut. But I was trying to do the macro that opens up the box to send file directly to the laser from Corel. I have used it before. Just can't get it to work on x5. Thanks
    Aleta Allen

Thank , yes I have tried those instructions. But as I mentioned, when I am trying to install on x5 it says only for x3. I was wondering if anyone has it on x4 or x5 Thanks
    Aleta Allen

Ken, lucky you! LOL I had it on my old computer and corel x3. Then it quit working for no reason. So when I got the new one I hoped it would work on it, but seems like it won't let me even install on x5. Darn it, I love being able to use the plug in to send to laser. I really hate using laser cut and exporting and importing and everything else that goes with it. Guess I will keep working on it. Thanks for the reply.
    Aleta Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Aleta Allen View Post
    Thanks, yes I can export a dxf and import into lasercut. But I was trying to do the macro that opens up the box to send file directly to the laser from Corel. I have used it before. Just can't get it to work on x5. Thanks
    I have LaserCad with my LightObject machine using X6 but seldom use it, it just OPENs the LaserCad program with the file. it does not send directly to the machine. You need to still name it and download to the machine via the USB.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

When I bought my Rabbit from Ray he told me the corel plugin was hit or mis on x5. I never bothered to try. I just design in corel x5 import to laser as a dxf works fine and only take a few seconds longer no biggy
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Bert, thanks for the heads up. Maybe if I go to x4 it will work. I do a lot of work where i have one design and run it, then just change names and run it again. I don't like changing names in lasercut. It is so much easier in corel to just change and run again. Nothing else to do. It is my comfort area. Lasercut I just dont like. Glad it works good for you. I will give x4 a try I guess. Thanks
    Aleta Allen

Bill thanks for the info. Yes, the program I have is more of a print driver. I can click on it and it goes to the laser print info. I really like it when I get it to work.
    Aleta Allen

Just as an aside re: X5:
    My BIL has been a Corel subscriber since Corel8, so I guess they consider him a 'best customer'. Corel advised him NOT to buy X5 when it came out due to various issues with it, and advised him to wait for X6, which he did. What those various issues are, don't know, but this plug-in problem may be one of them?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Off topic a little, sorry, but are you talking about Corel Draw, Corel Draw Graphics, or Corel Draw Tehcnical Suite? Just a newbie trying to find my way. Sorry for the interuption.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Middleton View Post
    Off topic a little, sorry, but are you talking about Corel Draw, Corel Draw Graphics, or Corel Draw Tehcnical Suite? Just a newbie trying to find my way. Sorry for the interuption.
    Anyone using a laser would be referring to the program Corel Draw, which comes in the Corel Draw Graphics Suite - usually shortened to "Corel" or "Corel Draw" or "Corel Xx", sometimes "Coral"...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    Anyone using a laser would be referring to the program Corel Draw, which comes in the Corel Draw Graphics Suite - usually shortened to "Corel" or "Corel Draw" or "Corel Xx", sometimes "Coral"...
    So your saying that my copy of corel word won't work