Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engraving with a RECI tube - what's the general consensus power that actually works?

^^^ Yup the decent RECI and EFR power supplies can do this but not many others
    Poof! and just like magic the shop keeper dissappeared

tHANK yOU!
    tHAT GENUINE POWER SUPPLIES ANSWER IS A GREAT HELP!
    (oops, sorry about the caps lock!)

But there must need to be a setting in the software somewhere (RD Works) where you can call up an option to trickle the minimum current like that ?
    Best wishes,
    Ian

ULS M-300, 45watt. 2002 with rotary. Goldenlaser 130 watt. 1300x700. 2011. ULS V-460.
    Esab cnc router, 1989, 4.5 x 2 metre bed, retrofitted to Tekcel, and modded a 2nd time.
    HP L25500 - 60". Roland PNC-1410. Mimaki GC-130 SU.
    Screenprinting carousel 6x4 and 7x4 ft 1-arm bandit vac table.
    Corel Draw X3, Illy, Indesign & Photoshop CS2 & CS5, Enroute 4
    Pencil, paper, paintbrush, airbrush & dagger-liners & assorted other stuff.

Yea there is, im at work later, I'll have a look and see where ours are set up to do it
    Poof! and just like magic the shop keeper dissappeared

There was a seller from NSW on eBay recently and he was selling... not sure either his own laser or as its distributor. The specs stated that he has a 260W tube so I assumed he was talking about a DLT-260. He was claming in the ad that this laser can also engrave. I contacted him via eBay messages and asked him how he made it possible as high power tubes cannot do it. He replied with something like "buy lasers from me and I will explain" He also said that he has some special settings to make this tube to engrave. Not sure if he simply lied to make a sale or indeed found a way to engrave with a 130W tube or even both tubes firing at the same time.
    GCC Spirit GX Pro 100W(synrad)
    Laserlife Ezlaser LCW 300W(Yongli DLT-300)

I saw that ad also, Mike... and shook my head and decided it was an opportunist...

Keen to see if Dave finds a setting in RDworks for setting the minimum orr a trickle current for a Reci tube...
    Best wishes,
    Ian

ULS M-300, 45watt. 2002 with rotary. Goldenlaser 130 watt. 1300x700. 2011. ULS V-460.
    Esab cnc router, 1989, 4.5 x 2 metre bed, retrofitted to Tekcel, and modded a 2nd time.
    HP L25500 - 60". Roland PNC-1410. Mimaki GC-130 SU.
    Screenprinting carousel 6x4 and 7x4 ft 1-arm bandit vac table.
    Corel Draw X3, Illy, Indesign & Photoshop CS2 & CS5, Enroute 4
    Pencil, paper, paintbrush, airbrush & dagger-liners & assorted other stuff.