Thread: Info on Very Old Dewalt RAS

Info on Very Old Dewalt RAS

A widow lady that is a friend of my wife's has a very old Dewalt RAS that she would like to sell. It is a model "GW5", serial number 96038. My guess is that it is a prior to 1950 model. The condition is way above average, no abuse shows, and it seems very tight in the ways and column. All that said, any idea if it had any value? I DON'T WANT IT, but would pass the word to other woodworkers for her, but have no idea of price. It has the sturdy metal stand and appears to be complete except the rod mounted splitter/antikickback device.

CPeter

Check this link and see if you can find the saw there. It might give you an estimate of it's value.

http://www.owwm.com/PhotoIndex/ByTyp...il.asp?Type=14

I could not find a reference to a GW5 but it sounds like a version of the GW. Often, there were these secret codes attached to the end of the model number. My big RAS is a GE but its listed as a GE-62 and no one has an idea of what the 62 means. Its a GE in every sense of the word however.

Here is a very intersting URL:

http://www.owwm.com/PhotoIndex/detail.asp?id=2245

This is a nicely restored GW like the one you talked about. But, it belongs to the son of the man who put the DeWalt RAS on the map. This is the son of Mr. Sawdust himself. Talk about a legacy! His Dad sold more DeWalt RAS machines than any of you guys can comprehend! Way Cool!
    Had the dog not stopped to go to the bathroom, he would have caught the rabbit.

What size blade does it have?

It has a 10" blade. As I said before, the condition is very good. I would like it, but really don't need it.

CPeter