Thread: Delta 15 planer gasket

Delta 15 planer gasket

My Delta Dc-380 planer has a leak on the gearbox cover. I want to pull it and replace the gasket. What have any of you done with this ? My thoughts are getting a piece of gasket material from my auto parts store and making a new one and using some sort of silicone. Thoughts or suggestions welcome. Mike.

I just hired a guy to replace mine. The gasket cost less than $3.00 plus the freight(I assume he ordered it from Grizzley). It took him less than an hour to replace.

I used that RV gasket in a tube stuff from the auto parts store on my Grizzly 15"

Does this cover just cover a hole so no oil leaks out or doe sit hold shafts/bearings? If it i just a plain cover rtv or gasket paper will be fine.
    On my lathe the DPO removed, to clean, the qc gearbox and used rtv to seal it back up. Problem is it should have had a papergasket. Since it didn't it pulled down too far and the gears mesh too tight to shift smoothly. I need to pull it and make a gasket to fit.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    I used that RV gasket in a tube stuff from the auto parts store on my Grizzly 15"
    +1
    ——————

"ereplacement parts" has gearbox cover gaskets under delta/planer...should be about $9-$10

Zorro has gasket paper and rubber gasket sheet in different thicknesses. If it does not have to come off rtv is probably the easiest, quickest
    Bill

Thanks for the replies. I will get the rty sealant and probably gasket material and make my own gasket. I don't want to wait for a part.

Make sure it is actually leaking from the gasket. I thought mine was but finally noticed the drip coming from the gear selector. I haven't looked at it closely, but I think there's an oring in there somewhere that needs to be replaced.

Dan

Thanks for that info Dan, I will put that on the list to check when I pull it apart.Mike.