Thread: Question for Hammer C3 / K3 owners

Question for Hammer C3 / K3 owners

What's this piece do? (in the red circle in the picture)

Seems like it's meant to move, as it pivots on a bolt and locknut. I moved it "down" to put the scoring blade on, but now I'm trying to mount a 315mm blade (largest the saw will take), and it seems to be in the way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dan, my best guess is that it is a deflector for the scribe blade debris, I have no scribe blade and that part is not present either. I was told that if I fitted the scribe blade I would be limited to a 10" blade. If it unbolts removing it would be my approach, if it is welded it it would get unwelded and put back in as needed with screws/bolts etc.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Thanks, Chris. I'm thinking you're right that it's supposed to deflect scribe blade debris, but it has two very obvious "positions" that it can be moved between, which I don't understand. I'll probably unbolt it...

Hi, it moves to one position when the scoring blade is fitted, which prevents the installation of the 315mm blade.

When the scoring blade is not fitted it swings out of the way to allow fitting of the 315mm blade......Rod

Rod, I definitely see how it moves between positions, but neither position leaves enough clearance for the 315mm blade to fit. Any ideas?

(Also, any idea what its function is?)

I encountered the same problem and eventually removed the part. The saw works fine without it both with the scoring blade or with the larger blade. I have no idea of the function of the piece.

Hi Dan,
    Is it possible that your scoring arbor is in its lowest position and it's blocking the guard from rotating all the way to the front of the saw (See position in my picture with 315mm blade). This guard prevents you from trying to run too large a blade when using the scoring blade.

Scoring Guard.jpg

Ah, thanks, Eric! That was it! Raising the scoring blade (arbor) let the guard move further. Thanks much!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Friedrichs View Post
    Rod, I definitely see how it moves between positions, but neither position leaves enough clearance for the 315mm blade to fit. Any ideas?

(Also, any idea what its function is?)
    Hi, I see Eric has provided the answer.

It's to prevent a collision between the 2 blades, you have to remove the scoring saw for the larger blade...Rod.