Thread: Leon Hale

Blog Entries

Leon Hale

Leon Hale is a Texas newspaper columnist that wrote a column in the newspaper for many years, probably over 30 years ago.
    He has a book "Homes Spun" that he wrote 20 years ago. It is 259 pages of his columns.
    I have the book and am re-reading it.

If you enjoy a humorous 2-3 page story, you might want to google it and get it.The price is just a few dollars.
    I will go to bed at night and read one or two stories before going to sleep.

I don't know why I posted this. I just thought I would share it with anyone that likes to read.
    I had to get out of bed to let one of my dogs in and it occurred to me to post this. If you read the book, you will get
    a little of the flavor of Texas humor. A lot of his stories are about rural Texas 30-50 years ago.
    Last edited by lowell holmes; 01-16-2018 at 12:36 AM.

I have been a fan for 40+ years. There are several collections of his columns available, I have them all. He's 96 years old and still has a reasonably active presence on social media. He and my Dad were both born in 1921, and a lot of his stories about growing up in Texas during the Depression remind me a lot of my Dad. I recommend reading his stuff as well.