Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Handtools to complement Power Tools?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    Not much for me either, but thats because I have followed The Wood Whisperer for years and learned everything he had to say in that book from his videos and the world of other woodworking information sources out there. That said, if one is new to the craft and asking such a question, I think there is a lot in that book that is good to be introduced too early on.
    Ok. Thanks Ben!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

All of them....

Quote Originally Posted by David Bassett View Post
    Have you tried DIctum in Germany? They have a really good rep, but most of in the US don't have much experience with them.
    Yes i have ordered multiple times from them so far without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I gotta imagine there are woodworking retailers in Austria or nearby that carry typical hand tools...and a block plane is pretty darn common. You may be able to find on in whatever local "home center" type store that sells tools is, too. Even an inexpensive, mass market block plane can be tuned up and made serviceable with some effort. But investing in a good one will pay off in the long run.
    Yes there are Retailers of course, Block Planes arent common here at all I've never seen one in any company or workshop i've been in Austria is Powertool and Machine Land in regards to Furniture making. A Good tool will pay of yes but if you dont have the budget that doesnt help the Veritas PMV11 Apron plane would cost me about 100€ the Dictum or Juuma about 20€ cheaper though i barely have any idea about the quality of the latter 2.
    I need to think on this some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Gaskin View Post
    All of them....
    I'd love to own all of the Handtools, budget doesnt allow that though one can dream.

By far the hand tool I use the most is a Japanese Razor Saw for trimming off just a hair. Chisels and planes are also useful for this kind of work.

Doc
    As Cort would say: Fools are the only folk on the earth who can absolutely count on getting what they deserve.

Blog Entries
    One hand tool you all left out is a rasp. I have two, a big aggresive rasp with a handle and a smaller rasp flat on one side and curved on the opposite side.

See this link.

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/4...BoCb8QQAvD_BwE