Thread: Enco 150-4100 Planer

Question Enco 150-4100 Planer

I have an Enco 150-4100 15 inch planer that I bought from a model shop that was going out of business several years ago. I let a friend use it for a few years and I now have it back in my shop. Since I was not aware that anything had ever been done to it, I looked at the blades which were pretty dull. I sharpened them but I now do not know what height they should be when I put them back in. I have no manual for this machine, the phone number on it does not work anymore, and I can not find anything on-line about it. When I try the Use-Enco link that I found in several blogs, it directs me to the MSC website which does not have anything. Does anyone have any information about this machine or, lacking that, can anyone give me an idea of the height the knives should be set?

I think you will have to go backwards and assume the pressure bar and rollers are set to their correct height and reference the knives from that.
    Bill D

I think this is one of the many imported 15” 4-post planers right? If so, a grizzly or jet or Powermatic manual should help you.

MSC owns ENCO. For many years it was a separate business, but they were combined a few years back. Grab hold of the manual for either Delta 380, or other 15" four poster that uses same blades. You can verify blades at Global Tooling as they list what machines they fit. John White's book, "Care and Repair of Shop Machines" would be helpful.