Thread: Crib Super - Secret Project 3

Crib Super - Secret Project 3

Everyone,

Addie is still doing very well. She is sleeping about a foot away from me right now It is amazing how the hours can go by, just watching her sleep!! I am really enjoying this adventure and can't wait to see where it goes next!

The crib was made using the rockler hardware and spring. As you can see, that's where I stopped with the rockler plans I just went online, etc to see what I liked and drew up my own plans.

The crib is all from solid red oak. Biggest challenge, correcting my mistake on the crib gate!! Thanks John Miliunas for the help!!! (No I'm not telling what I did cause you can't tell now!)

First off Addie enjoying her new crib
    AddieCribSized.jpg

Next a shot of the Barnyard bedding set that Kelly picked out. (Daddy sure thinks it is cute too!)
    Crib BeddingSized.jpg

Other pics:
    CribSized.jpg
    Crib DresserSized.jpg
    Crib Dresser 2Sized.jpg
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

I just realized you can't see the sides very well in these pics. In any case, the sides are big raised panels to match the dresser and changing table
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Very cool Jeff. Enjoy her. She looks content in her new crib. It seems like yesterday mine was in his crib and now he is 34 yrs. old and I am now enjoying grandkids. Enjoy every moment. Love the crib. I had to laugh when you said you made a mistake. My granddad who got me started many years ago doing woodworking said if you don't make a mistake something is wrong.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I've had the pleasure of seeing this (and the other "super secret") project(s) up close and personal. All I can say is: "WHAT mistake???" It looks great and the whole set coordinates nicely. Nice job, Jeff!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Beautiful, Jeff. That kid has a great dad!!

And I'll add that I really like the fact that you did the room in green...soothing color that works well over time, IMHO.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jeff,

Since I work out of my house, I recall those early days with joy (well, except the sleeping was pretty rough for quite a while....). They are certainly a wonder to behold - I"m happy for you and Mom.

Just got the daughter off to school this AM (first grade).....with a great time at breakfast and a big hug out the door

Your projects are heirlooms for your family - well done!

Love to those lil' punkins' in their cribs! Beautiful little girl........congrats.

Great work on the crib, beautifully done.

Best,
    Russell
    Russell Svenningsen
    Marshall, Minnesota

Great-looking stuff, Jeff. All the "secret project" pieces have come out beautifully, and are future heirlooms I'm sure. But c'mon Jeff, 'fess up...it was you who picked out the barnyard bedding, then practically had to beg Kelly to let you buy it.

- Vaughn

Vaughn and everyone, thanks for the comments!! It was a pleasure to work on them knowing that they were for our baby

As far as the bedding, nope I didn't pick it out. Kelly showed it to me and I didn't have any arguments, but I didn't have to beg her!
    Jeff Sudmeier