LOML must have 300 hundred feet of crown molding installed NOW. Of course, I've got deadlines at work ... you know the story. We went to the borg last night to buy the crown and I saw the Porter Cable compressor, brad nailer, finish nailer combo set. This started me wondering about getting some tools to speed up this installation process, so I started looking around.

I typically use finish nails by hand to install crown molding, so I can understand how/why to use a finish nailer. But when would you use a brad nailer, and how is it different than a finish nailer? Is it just in the size? So how do crown staples figure into this mix? A quick internet search has people using crown staples to install base molding? I would have thought by the name that crown staples are used to install crown molding, but then why staples and not finish nails? Finally, can any of this be used to install nail down wood flooring?

FWIW, here is the link to the PC combo kit
http://www.porter-cable.com/index.asp?e=547&p=5230
It sounds like the compressor is a little small if you are going to try and use it to frame a house, but reviews seem to indicate that it runs these tools just fine. The borg and amazon both have it at $278