Thread: Supernova Chuck

Angry Supernova Chuck

Hopefully I'm not the only person who expanded their chuck right past/threw the stop pin, and now the jaws seperated from the body.

Does anyone know how to get these things put back together?

Cool Here's help

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Roxberg
    Hopefully I'm not the only person who expanded their chuck right past/threw the stop pin, and now the jaws seperated from the body.

I've got the Nova Compac and yes, it can be a bear to reassemble. Try this link and check out the manual for the Super Nova.
    http://www.teknatool.com/support/Chu...ort%20Page.htm

Hope that helps you out.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    I've got the Nova Compac and yes, it can be a bear to reassemble. Try this link and check out the manual for the Super Nova.
    http://www.teknatool.com/support/Chu...ort%20Page.htm

Hope that helps you out.
    Thanks, I got it back together. The bowl is now in pieces, the most beautiful bowl I had ever attempted. Spalted Curly Maple, and it's now in pieces.

Cool Bummer

Thanks, I got it back together. The bowl is now in pieces, the most beautiful bowl I had ever attempted. Spalted Curly Maple, and it's now in pieces.

Shur-nuf! That is indeed a bummer. I haven't done that many bowls, yet, but I had a "nice" Walnut bowl up and blow up on me some time ago. Scared the &*^% outta' me! The worst thing is, that usually doesn't happen until you're close to finishing the piece. Glad you got your chuck back together, too!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

Bowl In Pieces

Steve,
    We've all done that more than once. Occupational hazard. I read someone saying, "If it don't hold water, it's art!"
    Why not drill some holes in the pieces, finish each piece, wire it together with soft brass solid wire/rod and call it art?

Don't quit!
    Ernie
    Ernie on-the-dry-side; WA

I have done this with my Oneway stronghold chuck
    I found that if you line them up in the right order and put an elastic band around them they all seem to slide on with a little careful back an forth jigging.

regards
    Bob

Cool Dumb, dumber & dumbest!

Got some BIG pieces of green Maple this week and figured I should upgrade my own chuck to the Super Nova, especially at Woodcraft's fantastic sale price. Brought it home, cleaned it up and proceeded to put the jaws on. No sweat, right? Wrong! Put all four on, cranked the chuck all the way in and they don't even nearly come together! Only two of them did. I'll bet I tore that thing down four or five times, until I decided to take the jaws back off in order to see the mechanism better. By this time I was frustrated and was using some real high-tech language. When I layed the jaws down, one of them landed upside-down. I picked it up and just happened to catch a number stamped on the backside. Hmmmm....Let's see. The rest of them are numbered, as well. Do I even have to go any further??? What a maroon! After that, slicker than snot on a brass doorknob! Can't wait to try it out.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas