Thread: Bill Grumbine's posts....

Bill Grumbine's posts....

Why is it that I am unable to see the pictures that Bill Grumbine includes in his posts? I am able to view them on other websites and I am able to see all the other pictures that people attach as thumbnails but when Bill includes a picture in his thread it is not there for me to see. Bill, I really admire your work but I have to hunt all over the web to find a picture that my computer will let me see. As far as I know this only affects those threads with the pictures included like Bill has done with his recent posts...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Mike, put this address in your "Address" field of your browser and see if you can get to it. http://www.enter.net/~ultradad/thinwalnutbowl01.jpg
    Let us know...
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Yes, John, I do see the beautiful bowl that Bill did. Thank you! I would like to see the rest of his work all the time.
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Stafford
    Yes, John, I do see the beautiful bowl that Bill did. Thank you! I would like to see the rest of his work all the time.
    OK Mike. Now then. What flavor browser do you use? (IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc....) Do you use any pop-up blockers? As best as I can figure, there's some browser setting in whatever you do use, not allowing content within a web page to resolve OR, I've seen pop-up blockers treat embedded links the same way. The "Yahoo" toolbar, in particular, comes to mind. We've had lots of issues with that one here on campus, with similar results to what you're experiencing. The fact that you can get to the Web location of the picture directly, tells me it's something blocking that site out once you're at the SMC site.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

John, first of all thank you for taking the time to help me resolve this problem. I use Internet Explorer as my browser. You do understand that I am able to see pictures on SMC when they are attachments. For some unknown reason, at least to me, I am not able to see Bill's pictures when he includes them in the thread.

And yes, I do have pop up blockers but I swear I thought I had them all turned off. For sure I have the one on my IE toobar turned off and also the one on my MSN toolbar. I have the McAfee suite of products but as far as I can tell I have all that crap turned off as well. I just would like to be able to see Bill's work without jumping to other websites to do it.
    Big Mike

Dang it Mike, this is weird. If you can get to the site w/o a problem launching it separately, it's strange that you can't from within the post. Just for the heckuv it, go to your "Tools/Internet Options/Security". In here, you should have a couple tabls showing "Restricted" and "Trusted" sites. Go to each. In the "Restricted", make sure that, " www.enter.net " isn't in there. If it is, delete it. In the "Trusted" sites, try adding that site. Once done, close your browser and open it back up again and try it. Let us know what/if anything changes.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Thank you very much!!!!

I did not find the site you listed in my restricted list but I did add it to my trusted site list and VOILA'. I am able to see all of Bill's wonderful turnings in their full glory. I was beginning to think he didn't like me. (I couldn't blame him for that.) I just could not figure out why I was unable to see them while everyone else was....

Thank you John for your help. And Bill, thank you for making the world a slightly more beautiful place, er, not you in particular, your turnings....
    Big Mike

Coolness! I'd hate for anyone to miss out on any of Bill's wonderful creations! Enjoy!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Thanks John
    You solved the problem for me at work
    Those who sense the winds of change should build windmills, not windbreaks.

Dave Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by David Wilson
    Thanks John
    You solved the problem for me at work
    Ahhh, just collateral "damage"! With so many dern settings, security policies, filters, pop-up blockers, etc..., it's getting tougher every day to determine why legitimate stuff gets blocked! Oh, then there's the half dozen or so different browsers and just about as many operating systems. Sheeeesh...Sometimes I'm amazed we can get to any site at all! Anyhow, glad it resolved your issue, as well, Dave!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas