Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shop Tour

Shop Tour

I don't think I have posted this link here before that shows my shop. You guys take a look if you like but ignore some of the pics that are obviously not of the shop. It is just a link to my clubphoto page.

http://members5.clubphoto.com/jim374...ons-40b3.phtml

Sorry about the condition of the shop, it's got it's working clothes on.
    Just keep working on it. It'll give up and do right after a while.

I ordered this one Jim...I like the hat...
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Great looking shop Jim, looks like you have plenty of room and equipment for when and if you decide to go full time cabinent maker.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Great Set Up Jim,
    Perfect for when you walk in there full time a year from now.
    I like the reindog myself
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

nice shop that looks like it sees lots of use. looks like you have plenty of room for a lot of stuff.. thanks for sharing it with us.

lou

I don't care what everybody says about you, anybody who's owned by a Corgi can't be all bad.

nice shop jim, bet you`re looking forward to the day you can spend every day in it? thanks for sharing. tod

Nice shop Jim. I'm envious of your setup...lots of room and lots of good-looking tools. I like seeing your older iron in the pics. You've got one little jointer tucked away on a wooden stand that looks like it has a motor bigger than the jointer itself.

Thanks for the pics, and I promise not to make any snide remarks about hats and reindogs and...oh wait...I just did. See what kind of influence Glenn and Tyler can be?

- Vaughn

Thumbs up

Jim, you just have to respect a guy that wears a tux in his shop. LOL Great shop, thanks for the pic's

Hmmmmm...Looks like someone is pretty serious about their woodworking, heh??? Nice digs, Jim! Nice assortment of equipment, as well. Yeah, me thinks you should be able to crank out a thing or two outta' that shop! Way to go!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Great looking shop Jim, you have some serious iron in there! I particularly like the hat that Glenn picked out for you!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan
    Nice shop Jim. I'm envious of your setup...lots of room and lots of good-looking tools. I like seeing your older iron in the pics. You've got one little jointer tucked away on a wooden stand that looks like it has a motor bigger than the jointer itself.

Thanks for the pics, and I promise not to make any snide remarks about hats and reindogs and...oh wait...I just did. See what kind of influence Glenn and Tyler can be?

- Vaughn
    I knew I would get the business from you guys about the tux, but you better lay of my dog!! She's my buddy.

The old iron was purchased by my grandpa in 1942 when he opened a small woodworking/used furniture business in Mountain View Arkansas. I have the table saw, bandsaw, jointer, lathe and misc hand tools including the bailey #7 in the picture album. I also have the original catalog where grandpa circled the items that he wanted to order as well as the machine manuals. The table saw/jointer combo was $749. All the old power tools are Delta/Milualkee Homecraft. Not much by today's standards but the band saw parts fit the new band saw that is also in the albums pictures.

My shop is a combination of two shops. My father and law and I put a shop together with each of us contributing to the inventory. When I built my own building at my home I started collecting tools again with the hopes that he would again take up woodworking more with me out of his way. Well he took sick and never recovered so when they moved to town I wound up with the first shop and my shop too. When we sold that place we built a larger shop to contain it all. That is the reason that I have duplicates of most of the major power tools except the planer.

The old iron will be passed on to my son in a few more years when he gets a shop put up for himself. Four generations will have owned the same tools. I can't wait for him to get a shop up. He's just out of the Masters program at the UofA and looking at getting a management job at the plant where he works. Oh to be in his shoes right now and knowing what I know about life.

Thanks for noticing Grandpa's old stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud
    I don't care what everybody says about you, anybody who's owned by a Corgi can't be all bad.
    Thats great because I am looking to be adopted by a Corgi some day. This is a picture I have on my Desk top.

Yes it is a great shop I remember watching as you built it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo
    I ordered this one Jim...I like the hat...
    I don't normally do stuff like that. It was an event for the Cancer Society. I was the MC. Also first time ever to wear a tux.

Jim,
    Nice setup you've got there. I wish I had that much room to work. By the way, I think this is one of the few shop tours I've seen with sawdust! Proof that you actually use your tools!

I also have an identical Atlas jointer like yours. Although I scored mine at a garage sale many years ago for a whopping $30. I love that little thing! Works great, lasts a long time...
    Go Big, or Go Home... He who has the gold, makes the rules