Thread: Graph Paper

Graph Paper

Does anyone have a source for graph paper with 1" squares. Preferably 2-3' ft in length or on a roll??? I need to transfer a pattern and if I can find the right paper it would just make it quicker and easier....
    Thanks,
    Rich in Florida

Staples...

or Office Depot, etc. Flip-chart presentation pads, about 2' wide by 3'long. Available with 1" squares and other patterns.

Gary,
    Never thought about flip chart paper...(you mean they still use that stuff?)... Checked on line with office max and the carry 27x34" pads with 1" squares.. of course they will be out of stock when I go to the local store...

Thanks...
    Rich in Florida

I use the cutting mat that my wife uses for sewing. It has one inch squares that show through just fine on tracing paper. I also use her rotary cutter (like a really sharp pizza cutter) to cut out the patterns. these mats can be found at any sewing store.
    Age and Treachery will always beat youth and skill.

Try an art supply house. They have 18X24" paper w/1" and 1/4" grids.
    Good, Fast, Cheap--Pick two.

This is where you can get what your'e looking for.

www.eaieducation.com/531109.html
    Don

I don't know if it would be economical or not relative to some of the other suggestions; but a lot of wrapping paper has a !" square pattern printed on the back of it. Maybe the wife has an old piece laying around that she isn't going to use??

Depending on the drawing Kinko's can do a transfer for you as well. I often take my drawings there and scale them up and print them out larger.

Keith
    "The element of competition has never worried me, because from the start, I suppose I realized wood contains so much inspiration and beauty and rhythm that if used properly it would result in an individual and unique object." - James Krenov

What you do speaks so loud, I cannot hear what you say. -R. W. Emerson

Rich,
    Try a drafting supply house and look for rolls of drafting vellum. They come in a variety of grids (4x4, 8x8, 10x10) and are high quality. If you don't have a place local there are several on line places. I have had good experiences with: http://www.reprint-draphix.com Alternately, sometimes you can find this on a famous on-line auction site.
    Hope this helps.
    Steve

Thanks guys for all the good suggestions... I think I'm going to order a 100' roll (that should last for a while) fron the web site Don Dean pointed out......

Rich

Hi Rich,
    The standard 1" graph paper pads from the warehouse places are divided with 10 lines per inch so doing 1 ft = 1 in drawings isn't as easy as the 12 lines/inch paper. I got a roll of the vellum graph paper with 12 lines per inch at an engineering supply store. You can easily trace over existing drawings with it also. Good luck, John.