Thread: Shop Shots

Shop Shots

Hi all. My shop was expanded when I renovated my house. We removed a granite wall to allow me to use both sides of our carriage house (southern garage). But, I then had kids and the shop has languished for a long time. I am finally in the process of putting it back in good order. The following are a few shots of the current mess.

Picture one is the right rear of my shop. You can see the lumber storage, chop station, the drill press just sitting in some free space (mobile) and some Felder accesories on the wall.

Picture two shows the Felder combo, front doors of the right side, some shaper cutters and the dust collector. Note all the ductwork sitting on the floor, argh.

Picture three is the back left of my shop. My wife's scrollsaw is the first thing you can see, my bandsaw amid a huge mess of "stuff" including hoses on the floor. That area is just so messy and disorganized that I cannot bring myself to dive in and fix it yet. You can see some chisels and planes on magnetic holders as well. To the right of the chisels will be, next week, clamp storage. Also behind the bandsaw is the jet lathe.

Picture four is the left front of the shop. That is the door that serves as the front door. My bench is over there for now, but is on wheels and an adjust-a-bench, so just gets moved around as needed. Two Liegh jigs can sort of be seen on the wall. One is for dovetails and the other is the mortise and tenon jig. I bought the M&T and then stopped woodworking. So, I have yet to play with it much.

For now, that's my shop. I'll do a better tour once I have it set up a bit more.

I hope my pictures come through. I am not sure that I am handling the attachments correctly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott

nice shop scott! it`s nice to keep the dust out of the house. enjoy. tod

Scott, not too shappy a set up, looks like you willl have a great shop when finished.

Hi Scott, The shop is looking good. Your wife has a scroll saw. Very good. Next you should work on his and her Felders.
    take care,
    John

Shop looks good Scott. It will be great when finished.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Nice start, Scott. I'm guessing it's not too easy to remove a granite wall, but it looks like you've got a nice space to work in now. And the Felder makes quite a centerpiece.

- Vaughn

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Nice Stuff. I love to shop!!
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/